Its simple -

* book flight to Denver
* smuggle a couple grand worth of polish vodka onto plane
* don't crash in Indian ocean
* go to GG store
* trade hooch for Megatrail
* return to Poland
* Profit
That is one of the options I am considering ;) Though I need 2 frames since my lady also wants one.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
That's cool, you know exactly what you want then.

Nox, bit weird for you? 13mm BB drop 66.5 deg HA-

http://noxcycles.com/index.php/en/products-en/enduro-trail/bike-edt-5-9-sl-comp-m-detail

EDIT, Merida is only 10mm drop but would no doubt be pretty cheap.

http://2014.merida-bikes.com/en_int/bikes/2014/One-Sixty+5-171.html

The Nox seems really nice and their carbonz frame is only 1500 euro. That's a good find, thanks. Remember that company from the old frankenbike days.

Anybody can chime in on the MDE ?
http://www.mdebikes.com/en/portfolio/carve-7/

67.5 ha, reasonable bb height (13.7''), reasonable CS length. Looks good, the price is also quite nice. Could be a bit slacker but offset bushings or some headset may solve that.

Last edited:

Samoto

Dec 16, 2013
Why? It's it every shop there, especially where turists may be.
never mind. I tried to paint a picture that a polish guy is flying to U.S. smuggling stuffs meanwhile the founder of vodka and Kalashnikov is on verge to start WW III and spreading propaganda that the Westerners are rotten.

lol, off topic..

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
650b's on it.
You spellt 'twenty six' incorrectly.

But actually that seems like what spec did with their stumpjumpers. Those things look weird.

I don't have any interest in an enduro, there are too many other things I don't like about them. I just remember being annoyed comparing the 29er and 26er BB heights when everyone was going gaga over the 29ers. It doesn't rail turns because of the bigger wheels......

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
The Nox seems really nice and their carbonz frame is only 1500 euro. That's a good find, thanks. Remember that company from the old frankenbike days.

Anybody can chime in on the MDE ?
http://www.mdebikes.com/en/portfolio/carve-7/

67.5 ha, reasonable bb height (13.7''), reasonable CS length. Looks good, the price is also quite nice. Could be a bit slacker but offset bushings or some headset may solve that.

A friend of mine has a Nox from a few years back and it had a few problems but it was an alright bike, you deal directly with them for replacement bits too.

Forgot about the Salyer, a friend has one from a couple of years back and it is awesome, I thought it would have been a piece of crap, if I had money........
http://www.bikes.com/en/bikes/slayer/2014#/technology

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Is this GT also stupid long?

Rocky Mountains are apparently very good but I need to ask my friend what problems he had with his because I remember him being not too satisfied with it.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
What's stupid long for you?
Just noticeably longer than most bikes on the market. It seems pretty long from the numbers posted and I don't want my weight too far back so my front wheel will be washing out on flatter turns. I want an uphillable fun bike. Not a dh bike with less travel for people who hate themselves.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Good thing they make different sizes.
If the final seattube numbers are good I will consider it. 10m lower on a size too short should still be reasonably fine. Though I understand my questions may seem a bit stupid but my current trailbike uses a 12 year old frame so the pedaling position numbers are a bit black magic for me.

Last edited:

Samoto

Dec 16, 2013
skip 650b crap haha. I understand your reasoning. I think Im gonna stick with 26er for next 5 years and see which tire company is most consumer friendly. Michelin failed on the list already. Got spank new EN821 wheelset, not bad actually.

It is surprising with so many choices of unknown enduro bike companies. Good luck with it!

Last edited:

Samoto

Dec 16, 2013
High-ish bb in 650b mode
When I thought more about it, Banshee could come up with another custom dropouts in case people demand it as they get more knowledge about geometry suitable for 650b. Intense redid dropouts of the frame to fit bigger wheels.

Maybe it is not simple as it sounds.

Last edited:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
A good reference point for a 650 axle line is 14.1" on a 2.3 High Roller II.

Another sick bike with a little less travel is the new GT Sensor. 12.75" (measured) BB height at 130mm travel front and rear. A 150mm Pike gets the BB up to a hair under 13" and the HA at a little over 67 degrees.
I run my Sensor with a 140mm Pike. If I really wanted 150mm I would have gotten the Force with comes standard with 150mm. It takes some getting used too and better timing to ride it compared to my previous bike but damn its a fun bike to ride.

Last edited:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
skip 650b crap haha. I understand your reasoning. I think Im gonna stick with 26er for next 5 years and see which tire company is most consumer friendly. Michelin failed on the list already. Got spank new EN821 wheelset, not bad actually.

It is surprising with so many choices of unknown enduro bike companies. Good luck with it!
I know it's good to hate the new standard here as well as anything named enduro but unless I get an awesome deal on a 26 bike I'd rather go with a 650 one since very soon parts availability will be better for the bigger wheel.

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
I know it's good to hate the new standard here as well as anything named enduro but unless I get an awesome deal on a 26 bike I'd rather go with a 650 one since very soon parts availability will be better for the bigger wheel.
I don't think 26" tires, rims, and forks are just going to drop off the face of the earth. 650b and 29'r specific parts choice will be flooded with gimmicky fluff, and the only 26" suspension/rims/tires left will be the stuff that just works(i.e. reliable, time tested products)

Samoto

Dec 16, 2013
I don't think 26" tires, rims, and forks are just going to drop off the face of the earth. 650b and 29'r specific parts choice will be flooded with gimmicky fluff, and the only 26" suspension/rims/tires left will be the stuff that just works(i.e. reliable, time tested products)
+1

I don't think it will just disappear otherwise it's absurd! Think how huge market it is with all those legacy parts.

Last edited:

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
It's not than they will disappear, but it may happen, than i.e. 26" rims, wheels, tires will be available in "hardcore, indestructible" version, made for DH only, while 650b be designed more for enduro.

So, it you get 26" enduro bike, you will be forced to use components for light DH/DH, not for light enduro.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
A good reference point for a 650 axle line is 14.1" on a 2.3 High Roller II.

Another sick bike with a little less travel is the new GT Sensor. 12.75" (measured) BB height at 130mm travel front and rear. A 150mm Pike gets the BB up to a hair under 13" and the HA at a little over 67 degrees.
Just checked my 26" tyres, and Scwalbe 2.4 and Conti 2.4s were around 13.7" and my 650b hardtail is bang on 12" running 26" rims. I'd hate to be on a dually that sagged below 12", I can't pedal out of corners like I could with previous bikes and if it was an 83mm BB it would be worse again.

Samoto

Dec 16, 2013
It's not than they will disappear, but it may happen, than i.e. 26" rims, wheels, tires will be available in "hardcore, indestructible" version, made for DH only, while 650b be designed more for enduro.

So, it you get 26" enduro bike, you will be forced to use components for light DH/DH, not for light enduro.
Your argument is failed. Mavic released en821 in 26 and 29 recently.

Let's say that people are quick to adapt a new standard then manufacturers are tempted to bring up another new standard after a few years for more cash flow.

We will see 28" for Enduro then.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Your argument is failed. Mavic released en821 in 26 and 29 recently.

Let's say that people are quick to adapt a new standard then manufacturers are tempted to bring up another new standard after a few years for more cash flow.

We will see 28" for Enduro then.
26'' will not dissapear. It will just be harder to buy since more shops will stock 27.5 stuff FOR ENDURO and TRAIL. It may seem like a small problem but let's say you need to buy something fast and it may be a problem with 26''. Going with something more popular is just a safer bet.

As for Mavic 821 being realesed only for 26 and 29. They probably had it in plans a bit before but again it's not a question if a company will ofer a 26'' part since most of them will. It's a question will the shops keep stock.

Samoto

Dec 16, 2013
I understand but I don't believe shops will carry special 1000g version like scwalbe super gravity or Michelin advanced. Most people run 600 gram tires. Well see 1kg tires for dh soon.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
We will see. If I find something interesting in 26'' I will go for it. Though yurpean companies are going hard for the new standard so it may be harder to find something I like in 26''

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
Norbar, you are from Polackistan, why not support a local company and get a Zumbi and have the geometry custom made for you?