Quantcast

Low profile upper body armor

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
So i'm getting kind of tired of my bulky rockgardn flak jacket and i want something more slim like the dainese jackets. there seem to be several different dainese jackets and they seem to get cheaper as you add more padding:confused: can anybody suggest one of these jackets or another, cheaper one?

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
I only wear armor once in awhile, and rocked a 661 pro pressure suit this year and it was pretty sweet once broken in.

You should definitly check this out if your looking for low profile, its new this year from 661.
http://sixsixone.com/Catalog_661Bike.aspx?id=046c3509-1b57-4b13-b822-03b9cd01d53f&product=ed9dfe59-d09c-447c-a363-a2f5afd07716

I think its going to change my habit of not wearing armor much to wearing that thing all the time, cant wait to try it.

I'm with piper go with the core I used one at the end of last year and I was very happy with it. you barely even know it's there.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
So i'm getting kind of tired of my bulky rockgardn flak jacket and i want something more slim like the dainese jackets. there seem to be several different dainese jackets and they seem to get cheaper as you add more padding:confused: can anybody suggest one of these jackets or another, cheaper one?
The gladiator has no hardshell chest. The impact does. It is that simple as of 2007. Get an impact is you want the standard dainese safety jacket protection, if you want to save some money and don't crash on your chest, get the gladiator.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
i've got a troy lee designs suit. . . i like it becasue it uses the standard tld elbow pad system i already like and the back plate is shorter on the top and bottom than the 661/dainese jackets so i don't feel like a ninja turtle if i wear it.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
What about heat and holding moisture?
I have the 661 yellow/black tron suit and its a bulky steam oven
*Shrug* I don't ask men about how sweaty they are. It's one of my rules for life.

I ran the Rockgardn Flak Jacket (I love it.) last year during the Whistler heat wave (continuous days of 95+) and did just fine. There were some times when I'd run sans armor because I was just tired of losing 10lbs a day in water...

This year, I'm runnin' the newly redesigned Flak Jacket and it breaths WAAAAAY better and feels better to boot.

To me, there's no comparison between the old flak jacket and the Pro PS in regards to breathability, the Pro PS beats it hands down. This years flak jacket is a new animal. If I could get my hands on a new 661 Pro PS that fit me as well as Rockgardn does, I'd actually do a side by side comparison... but alas, I have not yet.

And I'm going to stick to my rule for life.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
why did dainese have to go to black..? I loved their light grey and their white padding...so chic...

I was just the opposite, even though their stuff is very comfortable I put off buying because I didn't like the grey and white. I'll actually consider buying now that they have black.