Quantcast

Lower the Gold Label or go Rigid? Molly's makeover

gackrider24

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
NJ
I'm at a crossroad between lowering my gold label to 65mm and putting stiff springs in it, or just ditching the suspension all together and getting a black market contraband fork. The rigid would lighten the bike up alot.

My main concern is how will the 435 a2c change my geo from the 460 im running now. I know steering and spinning will be easier but, I dont want to lose the pop on bunnyhops and manuals i have with 460.

The frame is a molly maguire, and i understand its made around a 460 height.
About how much will 435 change the bb height since the fork would be coming down an inch (in the case of the rigid) ?

I know this is rambling on sorry. Let me know what you think

LeRoy

Monkey
Apr 11, 2002
Wellington - NZ
I run a 435 a2c WTP Salt fork on my Molly. It's a little tougher to pick up for manuals but I have compensated for that by running a higher (3.5") bar. I am toying with the idea of going a bit higher yet. I love the bike set-up rigid and have not thought twice about my decision. Nothing beats pushing a solid front end down a tranny. No homo. Do it.

gackrider24

Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
NJ
how much would you say the bottom bracket height changes?

As for the gold label i would probably keep it just in case. Ive had it a long time it works good but its far from a pretty sight deffinately has some battle scars