Quantcast

Lowering a Pike Dual Air

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
After taking opening the dampener on the right and looking at the left side again, I realized the all travel spacers go on the left side.

http://www.sram.com/_media/techdocs/07_RockShox_SPC_Reba_B Print.pdf

I can see the top of the rod assembly (15), but I can't figure out how to get to it. Do I need to take the stanchions out? Is it true that when you remove stanchions, you need to replace the bushings/seals?

Do I just need to remove the nuts at the bottom of the lowers to pull the stanchions up?

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Skirt Shox "Revelation" (too German: Revealing) saw 2006 the light of the world (since I drive it also). With indicated 1695g in the dual air version is amazingly easy it (my fork weighs 1600g with strong shortened shank (Integrated Headset)! However it was already unabridged under the factory specification). It connects the stability of the Pike with the ease of the Reba. Thus the range crown, gabelschaft and standrohre originates from the Pike, the immersion tubes in somewhat amended form of the Reba. First rumors circulated the fact that it was a Reba with longer immersion tubes but does not correspond alone because of that to "scooped out" crown not the truth. The small weight explains itself by omitting "unnecessary" function, like as the example u-turn (this feature makes the fork 200g heavier) and aileron instead of QR20.

The spring travel begins with 130mm and is quasi up to 0mm varibel. However I stated that the provided Spacer is not particularly well suitable. The same I received Pike also from the Jakobs (from the interview). It has me one taps given, how one can reduce the spring travel to each measure and the problem of jumping off and spoiled Spacern does not arise any longer. The reduction is very easy (applies to Pike and Revelation, because both are identically constructed up to the difference aileron and QR20):

1) air from the positive and negative air chamber leave
2) the Airplugin above remove and down the nut/mother on the valve
3) the valve down with careful rubber hammer blows clean-press. Very often klemmts! Thus by gentle force proceed if necessary.
4) the interior life with a long staff (for example a suitable stone drill with the blunt side) rausdruecken upward
5) notice, how everything was plugged together
6) the actual trick comes here:
- one goes into the building market and procures themselves from electrical department of 16 a tank metal conduit (2m long, graeulicher plastic, 16mm outside diameter, 13mm inside diameter, costs approx.. I found finally the metal conduit to 2 euro, in the building house, was too thin in other building markets the wall thickness)
- now it depends on your goal: how much do you want spring travel? One counts: Maximum spring travel/. x = desired spring travel. With me was it like that: 135mm (5mm security reserve has the Revelation)./. 50mm tubes = 85mm spring travel
- thus: Tubes suitably shorten (best cutting saw, because the particularly straight becomes), plastic remainders with carpet measurer and file remove. It does not have to be cut off 100%ig straight, but you should abfeilen the pipe if possible straight
- bore in the center of the pipe with a 2mm drill of 2 small holes (otherwise the pneumatic cushioning does not function any longer reasonably)
- the whole looked finished in such a way with me:

7) interior lives again push in, the nut/mother down at the valve with the appropriate torque again attract
8) 3-5ml 15er oil purely above
9) Airplugin with appropriate torque tighten
10) inflate, mine type for a taut and hard fork:
10 bar into the positive chamber; 2,5 - 3 bar into the negative chamber, Floodgate fully untwist.
11) finished!

The whole lasts for instance 30min. Grobmotoriker and non--nut runners should let however rather make sowas with the workshop of their confidence. And: always beautifully carefully...

Result: After over a 3/4 year in the Race, Dirt, Street, park and Freeride employment, which the Revelation has with me and other testers behind itself, can be said: the fork is genuinly a wonderwork of the technology! So easily and nevertheless so high rigidity values! The fork convinced absolutely, also the price is comparatively fair for dual an air fork.
Is it me, or is that hard to read?

Pesling

Chimp
Dec 7, 2007
Germany
Is it me, or is that hard to read?
It's hard to read :D - hope you get the important informations...

in fact you have to remove the left inside of the fork and just put a small tube like on the picture above...than it looks like my fork - works really great, no probs at all:

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Awesome bike!!

Someone found some directions for me, but I still can't get the damn lowers off. I took off the screw on the rebound side as well as the nut on the negative air stem. I then tapped it with a mallet. Am I just not pulling the crown and lowers apart hard enough?

rowlands

Monkey
Nov 26, 2006
I just added more air to the negative chaimber(bottom one) than to the positive chaimber and it droped down this made it supper progressive and i like the way it feels

Pesling

Chimp
Dec 7, 2007
Germany
no kiddin, what's the parts list on that? dope ride!
Thanks! Here's the list:

blkmrkt Mob 2006, 21,5" TT
Rockshox Revelation 426 Dual Air, 75mm
Demolition Medial Crank, Titaniumaxle, KHE bottom bracket
St. Martin Ringo Sprocket, 26T
NG Sports Converter, 12T
NC-17 Magnesium
Hope Mini, 6"
blkmrkt Badabingbar, 2" rise, 29" wide
blkmrkt Underboss Stem
Animal Edwin Grips
FSA Impact
MacNeil SL Seat, stripped
United Stump Post
Hope Pro II & Hope Pro III on Mavic XM719
Schwalbe XX-Light 14a Version tubes
Schwalbe TableTop tires
KMC Superlite Chain

9,9 kg

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Did you have to add a half link to slam the wheel in the stays with a 26/12 on the mob?

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
Is the Pike on that bike QR? It looks that way, but I ran out of contacts last week so I can't see sh!t.
It's a Revelation, so yeah, basically a QR version of the Pike.

pesling, I've seen photos of your bike elsewhere quite awhile ago (forgot where?), didn't realize it was yours or that you posted on this forum. That is probably the raddest Mob I've ever seen. Very hard to become original with one of those frames, but you succeeded. Very smooth.