Quantcast

Lowering dj3

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
i've heard of lowering dirt jams, dj1's, z1's etc..but can you lower a dj3? can anyone post decent instructions on how to do so. i don't mind having to fabricate something as long as i can get the materials at the hardware store. i really have no experience opening up and working on forks so enlighten me. i'm getting one super cheap off a friend and although it's not the nicest option, i actually dig the fork when set up right. i wouldn't mind lowering it to 80mm though.

jeff da grom

Monkey
Apr 20, 2007
Long Island
I have a 2007 dj3 running at about 75mm.... There is a tube inside which needs to be cut. If your local shop is able to lower the dj2/1 then they can lower the 3.

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
I have a 2007 dj3 running at about 75mm.... There is a tube inside which needs to be cut. If your local shop is able to lower the dj2/1 then they can lower the 3.
did you have a shop lower yours for you? my LBS isn't really into that sort of thing since very few people lower forks around here. if it is as simple as cutting a tube i could probably do it myself as long as i know what to cut and how to re install everything properly. which shop did this for you? i'd be interested in calling them to find out.

ebrider510

Monkey
Dec 7, 2006
Bay Area, CA
2008's to the best of my knowledge CANNOT be lowered.. Correct me If i'm wrong?
this is an 06 or 07. i hope it can be but i'm not really trippin. i would prefer to lower it down to 80mm or so but if not i can still set it up stiff and deal with it. honestly after finding some somewhat abandoned trails today that are pretty rough but too tech to use a fully on, i think having a full 4" mite not be horrible. we'll see