Quantcast

Lowering Pike/revelation dual air forks

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
i did a search and the only one i found was confusing and had been converted from german so i thought i would ask again

i know you just clamp the travel spacers on the shaft in the air chamber but how many can you put on there? i want to lower mine from 130 to 70mm. i have a revelation dual air and i took the top cap off to look around but what else do i need to do to get to the shaft inside?

also i have tried someone's fork who just pumped up the neg chamber alot and it sucks the stanchions in to whatever length you want depending on the pressure. doesn't seem good for it but it seems to work ok.

any help would be great and if i missed a forum about it then im sorry, also i have been nice enough to give very detailed directions on lowering a coil argyle earlier this year so its not like i just ask questions and not help others.

thanks in advance

Windowlicker

Monkey
Dec 27, 2007
Santa Cruz
my buddy just got his hands on a 2009 revelation:

1. Remove the u-turn nob on the top left side of the fork.

2. There will be 3 ball bearings under the u-turn nob that are resting on springs that go into little holes, remove them and put them somewhere safe.

3. Using a socket or wrench undo the top cap on the u-turn side until it is comepletely free of the fork.

4. At the bottom of the left leg of the fork there will be an allen bolt that is holding the bottom of the u-turn assembly into the fork, undo it most of the way and then tap the bolt with a rubber mallet to free the damper shaft from the bottom of the lowers( It's pressed in a bit). Then undo the bolt the rest of the way and the whole u-turn spring assembly should slide right out the top of the fork.

5. Use a rag or cloth that you don't mind getting dirty to take the grease off the spring(So it's easier to hold onto when you lower the travel).

6. Put the shaft at the end of the spring into a vice with something in between it and the vice to prevent it from scratching the surface (I just used a few sheets of paper).

7. Get a firm grip on the spring and pull on it while turing it in a clockwise direction. The pulling helps to spread the coils so that when you reach the point where the spring coils tighter to stop it from going lower then 95mm it will be spread far enough for it to make it though the u-turn peice and therefore lower the travel below 95mm!

8. Once you've got it lowered as much as you want( It might take a few tries to get the right level) re-grease the spring and slide the spring assembly back though the top of the crown and thread the allen bolt back through the bottom of the fork, it will pull the shaft back into it's place. Then just tighten the allen bolt to rockshox's specs(should be on their website).

9. Get the socket back out again and tighten the top cap back into the crown.

10. Put the 3 springs and ball bearings back into the top cap and re-install the u-turn ajuster nob back on top of them.

Now go for a ride on your freshly lowered pike!

It's seriously easy and it only took like 15 minuits to do(and I've never even opened up a fork before this).
oops didnt realize you might not have the uturn option.

Last edited:

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
that revelation looks sick!!! especially the 20mm axle. i opted for the qr so i could run a bmx front hub. that way i can switch to a cheap rigid like the blk mrkt or something like that

as for the instruction, that didn't really have anything to do with lowering a dual air revelation or pike. that was instructions for a U turn coil pike. thanks though

Windowlicker

Monkey
Dec 27, 2007
Santa Cruz
that revelation looks sick!!! especially the 20mm axle. i opted for the qr so i could run a bmx front hub. that way i can switch to a cheap rigid like the blk mrkt or something like that

as for the instruction, that didn't really have anything to do with lowering a dual air revelation or pike. that was instructions for a U turn coil pike. thanks though
yeah my bad.
for air forks, to my knowledge, you take all of the air out of the fork, take it apart and look for the air piston. then you take travel spacers which can be bought at most LBS' and you put them under the air piston

climbingbubba

Monkey
May 24, 2007
i couldn't find english to the dual air one, cool looking sight though.
is it the same as the argyle but instead of hitting the bolt you hit the bottom shradder valve to pop it out?

on a side note, my NS capital is sitting at the post office waiting for me to pick it up. to bad i missed the mailman. ill pick that baby up tomorrow.

Uldy

Chimp
Nov 9, 2008
Latvija
Hi means :)
I have very big problem.
Maybe someone now, how to get 140mm to 100mm :(
Fork - Pike 454 dual air..
Help mee

untitledsince89

Turbo Monkey
Nov 11, 2005
Winston-Salem NC
BUMPS
great instructions, but while lowering the travel on my pike and taking out the u-turn spring, does the oil drain out? If so what weight and how much of it do I need to replace it with.
Thanks