Quantcast

Lowering Z1 w/ETA<<?

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
Havent opened one of these up yet, but Ive lowered a few Z1s and some other RS's. Any experience or tips on this one guys?

And, yes it has travel adjust, but if you engage the ETA, it eventually takes the fork down to around 40mms of travel and thats a little low and steep for the rig its on. I want to take it down to around 70-80mms, and I dont care if the ETA functions at all after lowering.

Worst comes to worst, Ill just pull her apart and see whats up.

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
So, its friday night and put the fork on my work bench about 2 hours ago and just finished the deed, its not impossible, just not fun, or as easy as a regular Z1.... And I didnt take any photos. The principle is the same, but theres alot more going on inside this fork than a DJ or regular Z1. Nothing like learning by doing.:clapping:

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
what about just running it locked @30mm.

i was going to do that on a bike.

does it budge at all off a big landing?

Boxxer

Monkey
Jul 18, 2005
Dirty South
I thought about running at 30 too, but the dude I lowered it for wanted more like 70-80mms.... the eta still functions, but the fork sits at about 80mms now at the top of its travel.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
You're not suppossed to run it locked down w/ aggressive riding according to Zoke, plus it's really really short.