Quantcast

Lowers on DJ1??

A Grove

Monkey
Nov 20, 2007
State College, PA
Soo.....I'm polishing my lowers, have the fork all tore down, hell, I've already lowered it a few months ago... But I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the lowers seperated from the uppers? The 12mm socket on the bottom of the left(?) leg just spins and spins, its not loosening anything, nor is it tightening. Its a 2007 DJ1. Any help is greatly appreciated.. I'm sure its somthing stupid and minute, but I can't find it on the fork, or track it down on the web.

Thanks,
Aaron

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
If it's spinning...is there a big bolt on the top? Or maybe something stripped?

Sorry I'm not much help, just thought I'd throw some ideas out.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
loosen that bolt while the top (whatever it is) mine was a huge socket and after that they came right off. i have a 2005 66VF. hope it helps

when the footnuts get to the point of free spinning, just pull the fork in opposite directions. the footnuts unscrew, but have an oil seal on them thak keeps them in place pretty well. the footnuts are also shaped weird is such a way that you think they aren't loosening or tightening, but they are. they can easily be foced out, it almost feels wrong, but they just pop right out...

A Grove

Monkey
Nov 20, 2007
State College, PA
Thanks all. Figured out the issue.. Had the stancions compressed into the lowers, once I pulled them out to full extension, The bolt started to pick-up and loosen.