Quantcast

lube/anti seize?

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
what do you use? im sure most will say park, but what else? i would rather go to my local auto part store then order lube and anti seize.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
what do you use? im sure most will say park, but what else? i would rather go to my local auto part store then order lube and anti seize.
Slick honey or shimano special/I actually use an automotive anti seize on my bikes. Just need a little bit and a small can will last forever. Not worth it to pay for specialty bike grease just because.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Just go to Napa and get some automotive grease. It's more or less the same stuff as bike branded grease.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
If you can find Motorex grease - possibly at AutoZOne -- basically same thing as Park Polylube or Phil Wood green.

Anti-Seize, grab some permatex in the lil tube - but have rag handy, its silver and likes to get everywhere!

JudyButter or Slick Honey for shocky doodles...

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Just go to Napa and get some automotive grease. It's more or less the same stuff as bike branded grease.
WHAT>!>!?!??! BLASPHEMY!!! You mean to say that in the 5 years and $2k park has spent on grease R&D isn't isn't somehow magically better than what every car/boat/moto mfg has figured out? I thought the bike mfg.'s have developed the best of everything for us!

Anyways: Grease v antiseize totally depends on the application. There's a lot of different parts on your bike that need lube for different things.

sunny

Grammar Civil Patrol
Jul 2, 2004
Sandy Eggo, CA
the problem is i need it now and i would have to order it
Wait. Are you using it for Ti parts? Because as I understand, if you use regular grease on Ti parts going on Aluminum (like Ti pedals on aluminum cranks), a standard grease will only cause the Ti to seize.

But then, I know just enough to be dangerous.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
I use the Maxima Blue Death waterproof assembly grease that smells like Kerosene for threads, shafts, axles, press fits, etc. Not for seals or packing bearings however. ~$5 at any motorcycle shop.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
I use:

slick honey for suspension.

Bellray waterproof grease from the moto store for most everything else. I have used Mobil 1 syn Red grease in a tube from the auto parts store with good results too.

Copper based anti seize from the parts store for keeping bolts from seizing.

What is your specific application?