Quantcast

Lubricate Fox Transfer post

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I have a Race Face Turbine R post which apparently is the same as the Fox Transfer.

Manuals and online hunting have turned up
bare on the subject.

How does one lubricate the seals? Is there no way to adjust the pressure in the spring?

Mine is still working great, but it’s starting to get a bit of stiction.

Any owners with some tips?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
I just use Pedros Bike Lust on mine from time to time. ‍
How do you get to the grease-able parts? I just picked off the spring off the seal and carefully jabbed some in with a zip-tie. Can you unscrew the collar without blowing your head off?

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
AFAIK the air spring is in a non-serviceable sealed cartridge, needs to be sent to Fox for replacement.
I'm just looking to lube the seal/stanchion. I'm thinking I can just unscrew the collar where the stanchion wiper seal is. Just looking for confirmation before I do something SMRT. I'm surprised how little info I've managed to find online.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
It was advertised as non-user serviceable. I bought one, it failed in a few weeks, got it rebuild, seems to be ok, but I shelved it and just use it as a backup or part-time dropper on my fat-bike. The bikeyoke is silky smooth and you can rebuild it at home fairly easily, especially to keep that silky smooth operation.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
They do, but they only cover lubrication of the actuator at the foot of the post where the cable pulls the locking mechanism.