Quantcast

Lucky me!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I was just given a new frame last night. A buddy of mine gave me a refurbished Look road frame last night. He's been trying to get me onto a road bike for years and I've never had a real want to drop $2g on a new bike. He is also giving me a full build kit less brakes, shifting, and bars. I'll be getting the mavic brakes, new 105 10-speed, and a Look carbon bar.
So stoked!!!

Top it off, I have an interview with a high level broker this morning. WooHoo!

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Carbon w/ Al lugs, two years old.
He's my best friend and has been since I was 19 (now 25).
Once I get it built up, I'll have pics

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
over a year. I left in June, burn out. I was with a Baron's top 40 team and got so worn down from the hours/stress that I started getting sloppy. I made a small (non fiscal) mistake and we decided that it was time to go seperate ways before something worse happened. I made is 14 months at 75 hour weeks (think investment banking, legitimate nonstop working). The team I am interviewing with is not a discressionary team, so that reduces the frantic levels quite a bit.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
McGRP01 said:
Congrats on the new ride.

:confused: Why would you have to? I got mine for $800.
My shop is a high-end shop. The cheapest I could build up a bike through the shop is around $1500, with a carbon stayed frame, I was looking at $2000. We have Guru, Wilier, Look, Indyfab, Interloc, Quintana Roo, and a few other ultra highend bikes. Nothing pre-built.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
The Joker said:
over a year. I left in June, burn out. I was with a Baron's top 40 team and got so worn down from the hours/stress that I started getting sloppy. I made a small (non fiscal) mistake and we decided that it was time to go seperate ways before something worse happened. I made is 14 months at 75 hour weeks (think investment banking, legitimate nonstop working). The team I am interviewing with is not a discressionary team, so that reduces the frantic levels quite a bit.
I do remember you saying when you took that job that it'd be a real ass kicker.

Well good luck with the new pursuit! :thumb:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The Joker said:
My shop is a high-end shop. The cheapest I could build up a bike through the shop is around $1500, with a carbon stayed frame, I was looking at $2000. We have Guru, Wilier, Look, Indyfab, Interloc, Quintana Roo, and a few other ultra highend bikes. Nothing pre-built.
high end shop is an understatement here.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
McGRP01 said:
Congrats on the new ride.
:confused: Why would you have to? I got mine for $800.

The Joker said:

Do you have contract saying you can only buy bikes/bike parts from that shop :confused:

ps: I paid $350 for my road bike (new)

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
They are my good friends and hook me up A LOT, so I try to return the favor by creating business for them. If I can't buy it there, neither can a customer. I am VERY loyal to my friends which is why I have not gone elsewhere.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
douglas said:
Do you have contract saying you can only buy bikes/bike parts from that shop :confused:

ps: I paid $350 for my road bike (new)
Does this guy also sell speakers? Was he in a white van? I am looking for that guy.....

:D