Quantcast

Lucky MizN8!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
She and some of our local biking pals are headed on a MTB/white water adventure up to the northeast of here... :D

I get to stay home and babysit the 13 year old and the construction business. :(

Here's her schedule:

- Leave Friday morning to ride Oak Mountain outside Birmingham, Alabama. After riding, head to a cheap hotel close to Ocoee Tennessee.

- Saturday ride on the IMBA Epic Tanasi Trail with a raft trip on the Ocoee afterwards. The trailhead is right next to a raft outfitters.

- Leave Sunday morning for the IMBA Epic Bull Mountain trail in Dahlonega, Georgia.

In between all that, MizN8 wants to either drink beer or moonshine. She said she is getting a pair of bib overalls for the trip.

I will have her watch Deliverance next weekend in order to get herself ready for the trip. :p

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
maxyedor said:
Your 13 yo kid can't fend for itself yet? Sounds like you need to do some better parenting.

But it does sond like alot of fun, for her, your duties don't sound fun at all.

Nah... school ain't over till the 24th anyway.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
By lucky, I thought you meant she returned to sanity and filed for divorce.

I kid.

Sort of.

You need to groom your 13yo to take over the business so you and the Mizzez can go shag in the woods.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
LordOpie said:
By lucky, I thought you meant she returned to sanity and filed for divorce.

I kid.

Sort of.

You need to groom your 13yo to take over the business so you and the Mizzez can go shag in the woods.
I am grooming my daughter for that role.... I need her to be rich so she can take good care of me in my old age!

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
BurlyShirley said:
N8, can you post some pics of your daughter?

You are the kind of person that keeps a father up at night worrying about what his kids will have to deal with.

Of course, I'm not letting my kid date till she is 21.

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
H8R said:
You are the kind of person that keeps a father up at night worrying about what his kids will have to deal with.

Aw, not that you'll know about anyway :p

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
H8R said:

I am this forum's sickening dose of reality...

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
I am this forum's sickening dose of reality...
Nice - everyone will bash you now that you asked. I couldn't even joke about pics of kizzi. I am pretty glad I am having to work more. These people should all buy "Steel Magnolias" and have the big bitch fest somewhere else.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
loco said:
Nice - everyone will bash you now that you asked. I couldn't even joke about pics of kizzi. I am pretty glad I am having to work more. These people should all buy "Steel Magnolias" and have the big bitch fest somewhere else.
No they wont.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
kizzi77 said:
Aw, not that you'll know about anyway :p

I am raising her to be a nerdy loner on PURPOSE.

:)

It's not working though, she's all "cool" and she is really good at manipulating her friends.

Hmm.

Chastity belt. A titanium chastity belt.

Ok, I'm off to browse for a tig welder....

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
robdamanii said:
You are this forum's sickening dose of "thumb up your ass sitting on the couch whining and bitching"...
LMAO!
...you say that as you're both whining and bitching...:rofl:

I think the only one with a problem here is you. Post some more pics of that mad "air" you catch...

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
robdamanii said:
You are this forum's sickening dose of "thumb up your ass sitting on the couch whining and bitching"...
STFU spoon bender.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Dartman said:
His name wasn't "Ned" was it? :rolleyes:
Uh, I dont know what the rolleyes is for, but no, his name is Chris, however he was with some other guys...one of whom may or may not have been "Ned" I really have no idea.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
H8R said:

It's not working though, she's all "cool" and she is really good at manipulating her friends.

Hmm.

Spring for the Lincoln electric Precision Tig 185, mine should be in at the welding shop soon:drool:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
H8R said:

Hmm.

I used to always date the nerdy loner girls in school... they always.. oh.. nevermind.

;)

Say, the Monkey seems awfully hostile this evening, although I am enjoying the witless banter. Did everyone go to the beach today?

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
maxyedor said:
Spring for the Lincoln electric Precision Tig 185, mine should be in at the welding shop soon:drool:
One day, Miller Dynasty 200....

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I Are Baboon said:
I keep telling MBC that I want to take an MTB vacation. She says we have to take a ski vacation first. We now have a ski vacation planned for Feb 07, which means MY TURN next. :D
We are heading out to NM and CO this summer... I want to do the South Boundry Trail at Taos and White Mesa east of Albquerque.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
N8 said:
Anyone know anything about those trails?
Tanasi: Fun system. I did my internship w/ the forest service down there back in college. There are lots and lots of trails. Nothing too hard, but you want to go so fast one can wear themself out easily. The pink trail is tons of fun as is thunder rock. She may get to see some wild life and thank me for all those bear proof trash cans. :) Hopefully she isn't too worn out after riding to take the rafts down the river....and most people mistake the ocoee for the river Deliverence was shot on.

Bull Mountian: I rode this one a couple years back. Again, nothing too technical, just a lot of distance to cover and elevation changes. The downhills are worth it though. One of only a few rides I've done where I'm completely spent and still had over an hour to get out. Still fun though.

Never been to Alabama.

I'm sure she can find some moonshine down there......and even some meth if that tickles her fancy. :love: It sounds like a fun weekend.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
d.e.f. said:
Tanasi: Fun system. I did my internship w/ the forest service down there back in college. There are lots and lots of trails. Nothing too hard, but you want to go so fast one can wear themself out easily. The pink trail is tons of fun as is thunder rock. She may get to see some wild life and thank me for all those bear proof trash cans. :) Hopefully she isn't too worn out after riding to take the rafts down the river....and most people mistake the ocoee for the river Deliverence was shot on.

Bull Mountian: I rode this one a couple years back. Again, nothing too technical, just a lot of distance to cover and elevation changes. The downhills are worth it though. One of only a few rides I've done where I'm completely spent and still had over an hour to get out. Still fun though.

Never been to Alabama.

I'm sure she can find some moonshine down there......and even some meth if that tickles her fancy. :love: It sounds like a fun weekend.

Cool! thanks for the info man.

This will be her first white water rafting trip, since she normally love to white water kayak... I hope it's just as much fun.

def

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
knoxville, tn
No worries. I couldn't let an actual thread about biking get that derailed. Esp when I've got some first hand knowledge.

ktmsx

Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
CT.
N8 said:
She and some of our local biking pals are headed on a MTB/white water adventure up to the northeast of here... :D

I get to stay home and babysit the 13 year old and the construction business. :(

Here's her schedule:

- Leave Friday morning to ride Oak Mountain outside Birmingham, Alabama. After riding, head to a cheap hotel close to Ocoee Tennessee.

- Saturday ride on the IMBA Epic Tanasi Trail with a raft trip on the Ocoee afterwards. The trailhead is right next to a raft outfitters.

- Leave Sunday morning for the IMBA Epic Bull Mountain trail in Dahlonega, Georgia.

In between all that, MizN8 wants to either drink beer or moonshine. She said she is getting a pair of bib overalls for the trip.

I will have her watch Deliverance next weekend in order to get herself ready for the trip. :p
..good for you it is always nice to let the wife go out and have fun also.... keeps them happy....