Quantcast

Lunachicks (band) reunite to play D.C.!

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
Originally posted by Capt. Jack Sparrow
If you didn't have a chance to see the Lunachicks play in the 1990's

Sweet! A couple of them actually used to tend bar at a place called Alcatraz down on Tomkins Square Park. Late 80's early 90's....... used to buy drinks from them at least once a week, and the NEVER checked my ID.:cool:
Good thing, because I didn't turn 21 until 92!

TryAndStopMe

Chimp
Feb 21, 2004
word! that should be a great show. and its on a saturday as well..... didn't they have a line that was like "you put the turd in saturday" or something like that? classic stuff

chance

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
Capt. Jack, You going to the march???

A couple of my friends are volunteering for it, organizing, and registering new voters..

I'm gonna be there (along with about 50,000 other people)

:D

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Bad feminist that I am, I actually missed the march to ride with a friend who usually never has weekends off, but was off on Sunday esp. to ride... so we hit the 'Shed yesterday and had a blast. (We hadn't ridden together since January!)

But I vote, support pro-choice groups, and write letters to politicians about stuff, so I don't feel too, too guilty about missing the march. Just a little guilty.

Sounds like it turned out great what with so many people there. Reminds me of the early nineties all over again. :) Hope you had a good time out there with all the sisters!

The Lunachicks show was over the top, by the way.