Quantcast

Lunch

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
Just the other day while out walking my dog around the neighborhood, I passed a recycle bin overflowing of Budlight cans and thought to myself why bother with lite beer when half as many good beers would have the same effect?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
there is a free holiday lunch waiting for me in the cafeteria, though I am not sure what the meal is (chicken or beef of some kind). I just went down to collect and the line was about 50 people deep. I think I'll try again in 20 minutes or so.

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
johnbryanpeters said:
Good thing:

Refrigerator at work is stocked with beer.

Bad thing:

The beer's "lite". :blah:
Where do you work? I think beer would make us more easy-going and productive here in the office.

Today it's a beer-free lunch of a chicken garden burger with lettuce and tomato on whole wheat with some carrot sticks and yogurt.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
just loaded up w/ the 'turkey dinner' option...roast turkey, mash, stuffing, green beans, cranberry sauce.

when does the football game come on? I wanna lay down on the couch.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
jdschall said:
By the time you get back all they'll have left are the pickled beats. Ha Ha.
Beets? :dead:

Anyway, I got my freebie. Stuffed chicken breast, green beans, baked potato, a roll, a small salad, a little cranberry sauce, carrot cake, and a Diet Coke. I give the meal a 4 out of 10. Then again, it's hospital food, so I kind of expected that. The potato was the best part.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
johnbryanpeters said:
Good thing:

Refrigerator at work is stocked with beer.

Bad thing:

The beer's "lite". :blah:
What's the problem? Just drink twice as much.

bluebug32 said:
Where do you work? I think beer would make us more easy-going and productive here in the office.

Today it's a beer-free lunch of a chicken garden burger with lettuce and tomato on whole wheat with some carrot sticks and yogurt.
A small I.T. consulting company. It would be bad form to be drinking beer for lunch, but there may be some in the fridge and you'll see a few being consumed in offices at times late Friday afternoons. :)

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
johnbryanpeters said:
It would be bad form to be drinking beer for lunch...
When I was a grad student one of the Chinese students in my research group always brought in a tall boy in a brown paper bag with his lunch. I always thought that was a little odd but I always thought it must be a cultural thing and never asked him about it. Either that or he was a drunk.

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
Lunch, what is lunch? I think lunch for me constitutes any meal before 6. In that case, I've been living off of unpatriotic pop-tarts and Life cereal, intermixed with some yogurt and granola. I had a sandwich yesterday too.