Quantcast

Lunch

J

JRB

I rode over in a company van, since it is 30 miles to get here, and I like saving gas. For several reasons. Well - it turns out that we could use the van in the past, but now "Safety" is using it during the day, so I may not get lunch. :(

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
get a couple of veggie sides (assuming you've got a decent cafeteria on site) and a green salad, or a veggie/tofu wrap could be good too.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Portabello mushroom sauteed with garlic with tomato and spinach and mozzarella

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
The ladies from the transcription dept. just came by and gave me In N Out gift certs as a thank you for the work I did for them last week. Looks like In N Out for me today!!!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i've had a carrot and two celery stalks. am going to a meeting where lunch is served, let's hope it's ok. as a fallback i do have some leftover pasta and sausage i brought in.

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
TreeSaw said:
I have no idea what I will have for lunch today....must go look through the fridge. I haven't been hungry for the past 2 days :(
oh dear.
best wishes to you still!

i have 2 PB&J and some cookies i made. yay!

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
lovebunny said:
decent? there food is the sh!t. better than any other fast food joint. im not sure if im eating there or getting a giro today
Chipotle or Baja Fresh are better fast food IMHO, but I guess that depends on if you like Mexican food over burgers. Innout didn't blow me away when I tried some in San Diego...

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
I went and heated up my leftover pad thai and red curry chicken just in time to find out the company is buying pizza for everyone.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
I went for sushi. Miso soup, seaweed salad, then nigiri: magura, hamache, sake, and albacore. It was all I could do to not have a large sapporo - so I had a small one. Domo arigato! :p

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
the free lunch yielded half a roast beef sandwich, sun chips, and some green salad. snuck in an oatmeal/raisin and a peanut butter cookie. hungry now so i am back to the celery and carrot, to be followed by an apple.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I had a Banquet TV dinner. Pot Roast in fact, only $.82 and 210 calories. Yummy.

I don't think the pot roast was real meat, so you could call it vegie.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Somebody won a Subway catered lunch for our office from the local country station. They just made a ton of different sandwiches and brought like 5 different kinds of soup along with enough Lays baked potato chips to feed Rhode Island. Mr Pibb soda too. It was crazy.

The chick from the radio station was gorgeous and ate like a fiend. She ate more then me. I ate a lot too. Stuff wasn't half bad. I like the spinach chicken BLT kind of thing they make. The soups were salty but good. They gave us all the lettuce, cheese, pickles, olives, etc in little glad containers. Were gonna be eating this crap for the rest of the week. The fridge is packed.....

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
jdcamb said:
Somebody won a Subway catered lunch for our office from the local country station. They just made a ton of different sandwiches and brought like 5 different kinds of soup along with enough Lays baked potato chips to feed Rhode Island. Mr Pibb soda too. It was crazy.

The chick from the radio station was gorgeous and ate like a fiend. She ate more then me. I ate a lot too. Stuff wasn't half bad. I like the spinach chicken BLT kind of thing they make. The soups were salty but good. They gave us all the lettuce, cheese, pickles, olives, etc in little glad containers. Were gonna be eating this crap for the rest of the week. The fridge is packed.....
score...