Quantcast

Lunchy Thread

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Leftover cold turkey right off the plate. I had to find out if the place I'm consulting for had fixed a problem for me, so I didn't have time to make lunch :(

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I left my wife's front wheel in the parking lot of a local trail over the weekend. I just met the guy who found it for lunch Fudruckers. He drove out of his way to bring it to me and wouldn't even accept my offer to buy his lunch.

How cool is that?

BTW: the cajun chicken sandwich is pretty good.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
jdschall said:
I left my wife's front wheel in the parking lot of a local trail over the weekend. I just met the guy who found it for lunch Fudruckers. He drove out of his way to bring it to me and wouldn't even accept my offer to buy his lunch.
Nice!

I found my cell phone saturday still sitting on top of my car after leaving a trail and driving 5-6 miles at 60mph on a gravel road. I'm still amazed it stayed there.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
stinkyboy said:
Nice!

I found my cell phone saturday still sitting on top of my car after leaving a trail and driving 5-6 miles at 60mph on a gravel road. I'm still amazed it stayed there.
Whoops.

As far as I recall, I leaned the wheel against the side of my truck, loaded the bikes up and then drove off. How I didn't run over the wheel while backing out of the parking spot I will never know. It must have rolled out of the way.

A couple of months ago I was driving home from hiking and I heard this whomp sound and looked back only to see my hydration pack sliding down the highway.

I really need to kick this absent minded professor habit I've got going on.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
stinkyboy said:
I'm not sure if the "fishing for sympathy" thing is gonna fly here.

:rolleyes:

It's all I had time for... since my ex was on the phone for the whole time with a ton of issues...

:p

...errrr...

:dead:

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
stinkyboy said:
Nice!

I had the same thing happen with my glasses after my last ride, but they didn't fair quite so well :(