Quantcast

>>> Lunes, otra vez... <<<

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
i have the mini 3.5" lodge one. perfect to cook a single egg for a breakfast sandwich.
I find small cast iron skillets more of a pain than bigger ones. Hard to reach/get under what you are working on with the steep sides.

What I love is my griddle pan. Between that and my big skillet, I am covered for most everything.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I find small cast iron skillets more of a pain than bigger ones. Hard to reach/get under what you are working on with the steep sides.

What I love is my griddle pan. Between that and my big skillet, I am covered for most everything.
small rubber scraper/spatula. besides, it's 1 egg.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
8A5BE1D9-B997-401F-9278-B2AD52C293F7.jpeg

Brakes were not happy initially. Lots of noise, little stopping. Marginally better but ultimately marginal atop Maverick. So I went down Belcher Hill like a regular goon. By the middle of the descent the brakes were quiet and working fine. Must have had some crap on them that needed to be burnt off.

I work 1-4:30ish from home today. This shift plus kid 2 with her well visit this morning (47”, 43.4#, doing aok) meant the ride instead of plank-sliding as I might have done.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
View attachment 175511

Brakes were not happy initially. Lots of noise, little stopping. Marginally better but ultimately marginal atop Maverick. So I went down Belcher Hill like a regular goon. By the middle of the descent the brakes were quiet and working fine. Must have had some crap on them that needed to be burnt off.

I work 1-4:30ish from home today. This shift plus kid 2 with her well visit this morning (47”, 43.4#, doing aok) meant the ride instead of plank-sliding as I might have done.
Any snow up there? We had a few inches settle overnight which has mostly gone now.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
Any snow up there? We had a few inches settle overnight which has mostly gone now.
North facing slopes had some snow, and some snow on trees. Top few hundred feet of Maverick was clear but it usual is right there. No snow on Belcher itself.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
View attachment 175511

Can't you just jake brake?

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Drywall put in. Need to mud 2 sections, but will be quick.
IMG_20220425_115105_01.jpg

Karting with Haley, since climbing at rec center doesn't open for another 30min.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
If y’all want eggs that are cooked without a lot of fat then ceramic is the way to go. It will work great for several years and last longer than regular nonstick pans. They used to be fairly cheap for a small pan making replacement every few years acceptable. But now they are getting too spendy.

And if you don’t mind overly lubricated chicken embryos then cast iron, carbon steel (wok) and high heat will do the trick. Mmmm, wok chi scrambled eggs.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
And if you don’t mind overly lubricated chicken embryos then cast iron, carbon steel (wok) and high heat will do the trick. Mmmm, wok chi scrambled eggs.

That lube ultimately keeps your heart pumping smoothly, trust me, I'm a cardiologist.

Dry pan eggs don't get crispy edges, crispy edges are the second best part of an egg, followed by the fact that you can eat a whole animal in a sitting, and in a distant fourth is the egg white.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
If y’all want eggs that are cooked without a lot of fat then ceramic is the way to go. It will work great for several years and last longer than regular nonstick pans. They used to be fairly cheap for a small pan making replacement every few years acceptable. But now they are getting too spendy.

The doc is hammering me on cholesterol being near the level requiring medication. I’m looking for the skinniest eggs I can get. Any suggestions on a ceramic brand/model? I’m pretty much gonna trash my current Calphalon.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
The doc is hammering me on cholesterol being near the level requiring medication. I’m looking for the skinniest eggs I can get. Any suggestions on a ceramic brand/model? I’m pretty much gonna trash my current Calphalon.
what are your numbers? TC TG LDL-C HDL-C. Also do you have a hemoglobin A1C recently?

I'll tell you whether I'd be concerned if it were me.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well, that was some stupid fun. Nothing like a bunch of Andean Downhills to start off the morning! Started easy and paranoid, and got progressively more rowdy as the day went on. Last ride started with a 1200 foot hike-a-bike at about 14,500 feet, followed by an almost 6K descent of pretty much pure, raw nutso singletrack. Was riding with the guy that ‘discovered’ the route. (Some of it is thousand+ year old Inca and pre-Inka trails)They figured that *maybe* 75 people have ridden it ever. (The high altitude hike-a-bike and how difficult the trail is keeps most people not interested.).
Amazing day with the local rippers, including one dude going to race the World Cup circuit this summer.
Good times, only ate poop once!:D

Was pretty proud that they chose to ride all day with this old man.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Gotcha, these when new require almost no oil to cook an egg.

And if you don’t want to use butter then a neutral tasting olive oil will work just fine. My go to extra virgin is Zoe which doesn’t have an overpowering taste.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
what are your numbers? TC TG LDL-C HDL-C. Also do you have a hemoglobin A1C recently?

I'll tell you whether I'd be concerned if it were me.
These have trended up for the las two years.
TC 236 *
TG 88
LDL-C 168 *
HDL-C 53
* the high numbers.

Not sure about the A1C.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
These have trended up for the las two years.
TC 236 *
TG 88
LDL-C 168 *
HDL-C 53
* the high numbers.

Not sure about the A1C.
Personally I wouldn’t worry with those numbers and certainly wouldn’t start a statin.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well... I'm my amusement of karting and climbing, I kinda forgot about gymnastics for Hannah. So, Haley made her a cycle to do a few times, and she's okay.

Haley got into a bit of an incident that got a race stopped and someone black flagged. She and him had been going basically the same speed, with him forcibly passing people to keep up. They eventually caught a bunch of slower drivers and a third, close to the same speed driver caught up too. Haley took the clean line on the outside to pass the slower traffic, the third tried to follow her, and the other tried to force the inside, that wasn't there. He slammed that kart, spinning it into Haley, which effectively stopped her. The guy following her then broadsided the kid (maybe 13) who was the traffic in all of this. He got fucking wrecked. He finished the race, but race got stopped off almost 5min while they checked on him. Guy that caused it had already gotten 1 black flag warning for rough passing, so he was booted. He got all butt hurt about it too. Fucking ingrates.

Anybody want to guess what logo's/emblems might have been plastered all over his clothing?

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Well... I'm my amusement of karting and climbing, I kinda forgot about gymnastics for Hannah. So, Haley made her a cycle to do a few times, and she's okay.

Haley got into a bit of an incident that got a race stopped and someone black flagged. She and him had been going basically the same speed, with him forcibly passing people to keep up. They eventually caught a bunch of slower drivers and a third, close to the same speed driver caught up too. Haley took the clean line on the outside to pass the slower traffic, the third tried to follow her, and the other tried to force the inside, that wasn't there. He slammed that kart, spinning it into Haley, which effectively stopped her. The guy following her then broadsided the kid (maybe 13) who was the traffic in all of this. He got fucking wrecked. He finished the race, but race got stopped off almost 5min while they checked on him. Guy that caused it had already gotten 1 black flag warning for rough passing, so he was booted. He got all butt hurt about it too. Fucking ingrates.

Anybody want to guess what logo's/emblems might have been plastered all over his clothing?
89F75D45-DE03-432C-A915-5188D529F4A6.jpeg

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

a8ef481f5946e37779b72c346ba70e95.jpg