Quantcast

lying sack of sh1t. Matt Hall

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
Some of you may remember about 6 months ago I posted about how I got screwed on a frame trade. I deleted my post because this f***er said that If I did, he would send my frame back. I've been hearing an endless stream of reasons as to why he can't send it back. Here's some of what he's been saying, if anyone cares to read it.

Here's one frome Jan. 24, right after he told me he would send it back: "I told you that I have to buy it back from the guy I sold it to I will have the money to buy it this weekend and will sent it out the first of next week. Dont worry it will be there soon. I will send you the tracking number as soon as I get it."

This one's from Feb. 3: "Hi I am sorry I could not get to you sooner but an emergency came up this weekend and I could not go and get the bike but
dont worry I will get tis weekend and send it to you next week I am really sorry."

Feb. 12: "hey whats up I have been working overtime tis week and did not get to send it out but I did get it from the guy last weekend sorry I could not get to the usps in time but I will have my mother or my girlfriend send it out thanks for your pashiants."

March 1 : "I gave it to the shop on sunday they will send it out for me this week."

Here's March 23: "hey I gave the bike to the shop to send it out so if you want to you can call them ask for Tim he was the one I talked to about sending it out sorry it is not there yet. I gave them the bike about 3 weeks ago."

Hooray, vacation. May 6 : "hey I did pick up the bike because they could not get to sending it. I changed my home phone because we were getting alot tellamarketer calls and my new number is (603)-***-**** I wont be home for 3 week though because I am going on vaca in the bahamas."

I haven't heard anything since then. This guys name is Matt and he lives in Bradford NH. The worthless shop that he keeps mentioning is called OutSpoken I think. I'll check on that in the morning. This is the same shop that told me the POS frame was in great condition. The head tube was ovalized, there was no derraileur hanger, and the disk mount holes were ovalized. There are more things wrong with the frame, But It's late and I'm getting tired. I would avoid doing any business with either Matt, or OutSpoken if it's at all possible.

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
I just got off the phone with This guy and was told that I would have a tracking number by monday night. This was right after he told me he wasn't planning on shipping it back because according to his friends, I'm a jerk :rolleyes: . We'll see what Happens, I'll post when I talk to him again.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
Wow, I hardly ever check this forum but I grew up in Bradford NH. I also have known the owner of Outspoken for 10-15 yrs., he is a straight up guy and very into promoting the sport of MTB. He does alot of work with a local DH event at Mt. Sunapee, sponsorship ect. His shop is small, serves a small community and is not super lucrative by any means. He may just have been weary of geting involved in a weird deal... as for Matt Hall,.. could be a total scum bag and sounds sketchy to me. If you really wanted to hunt him down it couldn't be that hard ther is only like 1,500 people living in Bradford.

smedford

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
Bellingham, WA
Pegboy said:
Wow, I hardly ever check this forum but I grew up in Bradford NH. I also have known the owner of Outspoken for 10-15 yrs., he is a straight up guy and very into promoting the sport of MTB. He does alot of work with a local DH event at Mt. Sunapee, sponsorship ect. His shop is small, serves a small community and is not super lucrative by any means. He may just have been weary of geting involved in a weird deal... as for Matt Hall,.. could be a total scum bag and sounds sketchy to me. If you really wanted to hunt him down it couldn't be that hard ther is only like 1,500 people living in Bradford.
Regardless, there is no honor at all in saying a pile of crap frame is in good shape. It could have been one of his employees. I would fire the jackass if that is the case.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
I agree, if they knowingly misrepresented the condition of this frame that is not cool. But, I would bet that Matt got them involved in a situation that doesn't involve one of their customers, they don't stand to make money on and generally was a waste of their time. It is a business. They probably did a visual once over and said "yeah it's fine", just to get the kid out of there and wash their hands of it. Then again I don't know for sure. Ironic thing is that TOmo's location is nedtown, which I believe is actually Nederland, and the owner of Outspoken has a sister that lives there.

T0mo

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
nedtown, colorado
Pegboy said:
I agree, if they knowingly misrepresented the condition of this frame that is not cool. But, I would bet that Matt got them involved in a situation that doesn't involve one of their customers, they don't stand to make money on and generally was a waste of their time. It is a business. They probably did a visual once over and said "yeah it's fine", just to get the kid out of there and wash their hands of it. Then again I don't know for sure. Ironic thing is that TOmo's location is nedtown, which I believe is actually Nederland, and the owner of Outspoken has a sister that lives there.

Outspoken packed and shipped the frame. You're right about me being in Nederland. Do you know the sisters name? This is a pretty small town so I'm wondering if I know her. That would be weird(but cool at the same time).

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
I believe her name is Megan or Kathleen, I think she is/was a teacher in boulder or maybe it was something with art, I can't remember. I was good friends with the youngest brother who crashed there about 10 yrs ago so I am not sure she still lives there. If so, she would probably be around 40.

SASQUATCH-J

Chimp
Sep 30, 2003
NEDERLAND COLORADO
TomO,
Are you gonna end up getting this frame? if not maybe we ought to drive out there and give this guy a team sasquatch beating. 1500 people? thats like finding a kid in ned, door to door? it might take us 3 days tops? less than that if you seem him pedaling it aorund town. i suppose you cant call the police there from that town? would they be able to do antyhing?

Aug 15, 2005
Berlin, CT
I have a friend that works at outspokin'. I could ask him about this guy if you want me to. what kind of frame is it? i might be able to help you out.

PM me if you want my help.

Peace,
jt