Quantcast

Lyme disease

clarkenstein

Monkey
Nov 28, 2008
east coast seems like a petri dish
there are spots where i ride here in NJ that if i get a flat and stop to fix it, when i get home i'll find 3, 4, maybe 7 deer ticks on me. hate the things. they can be as small as a dot you make with a sharpened pencil and are usually carriers.

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
there are spots where i ride here in NJ that if i get a flat and stop to fix it, when i get home i'll find 3, 4, maybe 7 deer ticks on me. hate the things. they can be as small as a dot you make with a sharpened pencil and are usually carriers.
A lot of places over here get like that too. I've always been fairly lucky but I still hate the little sh*ts :(

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Where I lived in Va had fairly low population of deer ticks. A ride through a grassy area would have you covered in some very large wood ticks.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I've had Lyme and highly recommend avoiding it.
:stupid:

Worst 2 weeks of my life. No energy, nausea, headaches, loss of hearing and taste a bit, INSANE joint pain (woke up every night almost in tears with lower back pain).......worst of it came when the Bell's Palsy hit and knew it was time for the hospital. Permanent hearing and taste loss and occasional flare-ups that require meds.

Matchew

Monkey
May 26, 2006
NH / Mass (ugh)
Permethrin spray:

Provides up to 2 weeks of protection against biting insects such as ticks and mosquitoes on clothing surfaces. Permethrin not only repels, but kills ticks and mosquitoes that come in contact with treated clothing helping to prevent the spreading of deadly diseases. Permethrin Tick Repellent is so effective in killing and repelling ticks and mosquitoes it is used by U.S. Military personnel in heavy infested conditions.
/Lyme

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i fell into some brush at 6mile last june. (maybe july?) came up with three ticks.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
any poison ivy? i swear ticks and poison ivy are two of the three living things in 6 mile. the third being small handlebar snagging cedars.
never gotten poison ivy there. :knocks on wood:

in fact, can't remember the last time i ever got it :knocks on wood some more:

also, there's 2 or 3 spots my handlebars literally can't fit through there b/c the trees are so close. have to wheelie/bar turn. though there are a number i smash and just blow there.