Quantcast

Lyrik coil DH to Bos Deville?

vikingboy

Monkey
Dec 15, 2009
Currently running a Lyrik coil DH fork (170mm) on my Lapierre Spicy. BOS just been in touch and told me they are about to ship the air based 160mm Deville fork - whats your guys gut impressions on how a air based BOS fork would compare with a Rockshox coil.....anyone got experiences of BOS DH forks vs Boxxers or anything.....all subjective I know but just weighing up whether to get one to try or if I should just pass all together. I ride xc/am with drops of 6ft or so and weigh in at 220lbs.

Some details here....http://www.rouler.com.au/blog/2009/10/29/2010-bos-deville-enduro-fork/

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
I'm sure the BOS is a nice fork, but it would have to be something other-worldly nice to get me to switch from a Lyrik so quickly. I've been on a Solo Air for a while now and absolutely love it. The coil version (especially the new DH one) will be more supple than mine (at least the Coil Totem is), and will withstand all kinds of abuse. I'd save my $ and stick with an already great fork.

Unless you are a complete gear slut, in which case the switch might be worth it.