Quantcast

M-Box Beware!!!

markk

Chimp
Dec 15, 2004
Santa Cruz
I almost killed myself today on some ashole's sabotage up at Mailbox. Somebody tore down the two remaining bridges. I saw the first one on the little gap before the berm. I thought it had just broken since alot of people land short on it all the time. However, I did not see the next much larger one below it because the ramp blocked my view. I slamed into the logs on the front side of the down ramp so hard I broke my Mad Max face piece and I think I cracked a rib. Also, a couple of weeks ago someone had put logs on the landing of the lower doubles. If you ride out there be careful. Next thing you know he'll be putting up barbed wire or some ****.

:mad:

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
yea we have that same problem here is sac. all the gaps and stuff always have sticks put on the landings and in the middle and such. it sucks. i feel you

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
markk said:
I almost killed myself today on some ashole's sabotage up at Mailbox. Somebody tore down the two remaining bridges. I saw the first one on the little gap before the berm. I thought it had just broken since alot of people land short on it all the time. However, I did not see the next much larger one below it because the ramp blocked my view. I slamed into the logs on the front side of the down ramp so hard I broke my Mad Max face piece and I think I cracked a rib. Also, a couple of weeks ago someone had put logs on the landing of the lower doubles. If you ride out there be careful. Next thing you know he'll be putting up barbed wire or some ****.

:mad:
I haven't rode that trail in like 6 or 8 months. The whole thing is trashed and needs to be rebuilt.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
We rode it Sunday, and it was in very poor conditon. The ramps were still in one piece though. I like how someone took the left over bridges, and used them to make case pads on all the jumps :thumb:. It probably made the already beat jumps more dangerous.

The trail diffinately needs some love.

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Nor. Ca. Santa Cruz ,Mang
Thanx for the heads up, this type up thing makes me so mad, i can understand that there are some people who dont want us there but at least block the front of the jumps not what we cant see.I ve been hurt a few times on UC cause of stuff like this.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
Where on it are you talking about? I rode it on sunday. The jump that was after the stump jump always had that ladder in the middle, its just lower now. The 2 jumps after that were never that good, and the big one now sucks to case. Is that the one you're talking about?

That trail kinda sucks right now, if it rains any more it could definitely use some fixing up.

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
Whoaohohohoh said:
trail day anyone? to give mailboxes, our local dh spot some love?
I think I stopped riding it B/C it's the only "DH" trail that I know of with more pedalling than the Sea otter DH and Downieville combined.

Maybe if we could somehow make it steeper... :think:

Raacerx

Monkey
El_Chimichanga said:
I think I stopped riding it B/C it's the only "DH" trail that I know of with more pedalling than the Sea otter DH and Downieville combined.

Maybe if we could somehow make it steeper... :think:
its the pedal out that always killed me...

put love into a trail that isn't so "hot" with the local authorities and neighbors.

markk

Chimp
Dec 15, 2004
Santa Cruz
I guess it's the XC geek in me that likes the pedaling. Plus it's longer than most of the 9 trails. It's part of my routine. I've been riding that trail for over a dozen years and it sucks that relatively recently someone is messing with it. I hope I never catch them in the act or somebody's gonna be bailing me out of jail. Actually, they better hope I never catch them...

:angry:

BTW I did break a rib and hurts like hell

calskierx

Chimp
Mar 13, 2005
Where are you guy's located? Im in davis and im just getting back on the bull after some surgery on my hand last summer. Im hopefully getting a fork in the next week and after that its just small stuff until my bike is in working order, Im down to help build trail's but no saw's ( the reason for surgery) so yeah hit me with some info and id be glad to help out.