Quantcast

<> M.F. Friday GTM <>

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
This should be a good end to the work week. Picking up keys to the house at 11am and bed is delivered later today. I will be amazing to sleep in my own damn house in my own damn bed.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

FTS. Airports and stanby travel. Flights are fucked and I didn't sleep. Stressed out to the point of being sick to my stomach. This trip was bad. Friends are so busy we barely saw them, we had practically no time to do anything, didn't man-date with @mandown, totally forgot about @kazlx, and now I'm going to spend all fucking day probably not getting on an airplane. :mad:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande

FTS. Airports and stanby travel. Flights are fucked and I didn't sleep. Stressed out to the point of being sick to my stomach. This trip was bad. Friends are so busy we barely saw them, we had practically no time to do anything, didn't man-date with @mandown, totally forgot about @kazlx, and now I'm going to spend all fucking day probably not getting on an airplane. :mad:
None of this ever happens in Montana...

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

9 more hours and then I morph into Traffic Ninja for the drive down to the coast for a little R & R with some 7 & 7's....although at my age, I'd be happy with 2 twos.....(ba-dum-dum pish! :rimshot:)

It was another beautiful night to chill on the back patio. Had a few glasses of wine and listened to some tunes until the siren's song of the leftover pork lo mien in the refrigerator was too much to bear any longer.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Congrats Claus!

A storm just rolled through with enough lightning and thunder to wake my ass up. :mad: now I can't get back to sleep.
That explains my midnight wake-up - to asleep to figure it out, too awake to sleep.

Here! There are currently wet dog footprints all over the hardwood and I don't really care.

Wifey has an offer for the job she wants, so she'll be going downtown to negotiate terms this afternoon. It won't be what she was making before, because that was California wage, but it will still be pretty damn good. Not new house good, but solid renovations good.

And... since we have a written offer that can't be taken off the table without a discrimination lawsuit, I can finally say it: Wifey's pregnant with round 2. This is also why time has become less of a concern with house projects vs. cost - babies are fucking expensive.

And most importantly, concert tonight! Fuck Yeah! Fuck the Man!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello, beautiful internet people. I had a good road ride last night. I ran this morning and combined the three types of running I hate most: Running in the morning, at the track, and in the pouring rain. I alternated one lap hard and one lap easy until I hit 4 miles. 6:59 avg pace. And now I will click the "post reply" button and go poop.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Testing testing — is this thing on?

Changed phone service carriers last night, and also got a hotspot device that I'll use in my office when I move in next week. Testing the speed of this little cellular-enabled bastard against the DSL-wired home service. This post is on my laptop, connected to the hotspot. So far, it's fast. Probably faster. Why does cable/DSL internet suck so much?

Also, went from a single device (phone) with a crippled (3GB) data plan for $65/month to 2 devices (phone+hotspot) and an unlimited data plan for $125. It'd be $25 less but I decided to bite the bullet and "rent-to-own" the phone instead of trolling Craig's List or some other damn thing for a new phone. I keep phones for a long time, in phone years, so the phone from my old carrier wouldn't work with the new one. Switched from AT&T to Verizon.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Testing testing — is this thing on?

Changed phone service carriers last night, and also got a hotspot device that I'll use in my office when I move in next week. Testing the speed of this little cellular-enabled bastard against the DSL-wired home service. This post is on my laptop, connected to the hotspot. So far, it's fast. Probably faster. Why does cable/DSL internet suck so much?

Also, went from a single device (phone) with a crippled (3GB) data plan for $65/month to 2 devices (phone+hotspot) and an unlimited data plan for $125. It'd be $25 less but I decided to bite the bullet and "rent-to-own" the phone instead of trolling Craig's List or some other damn thing for a new phone. I keep phones for a long time, in phone years, so the phone from my old carrier wouldn't work with the new one. Switched from AT&T to Verizon.
Okay... now THIS post is made from my laptop connected to my home service. Whatya guys think? Faster? Slower? Did anyone notice any difference?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Wifey's pregnant with round 2.
:thumb:

Howdy all. I have decided that Red Rocks stadium seating is uncomfortable. Was fun to get out there and all but the Colorado Symphony Orchestra had a lot of substitutes and was pretty sloppy on some pieces.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Okay... now THIS post is made from my laptop connected to my home service. Whatya guys think? Faster? Slower? Did anyone notice any difference?
This post was 2minutes ago, the other was 3 minutes ago. So I think that makes this one slower as it was later arriving?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
This post was 2minutes ago, the other was 3 minutes ago. So I think that makes this one slower as it was later arriving?
This is the type of intelligent feedback and measured analysis I expect from Ridemonkey.

FWIW, this post is still on home internet... hotspot is doing an update. Then I'm going to rename the hotspot's network to something awesome.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Then I'm going to rename the hotspot's network to something awesome.
dontmesswithusrussians

Morning. Early morning calls are followed for late morning call, to be followed by pre- and noon calls, to be followed by 4 days long weekend, yay!
I cannot wait for the moment when over the air data replace my expensive, arrogant FiOS services.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You know when you have a phrase stuck in your head that you can't quite get right and you can't get it out? In my case it's an indicator of a minor misfire and I've been having one since 6:30am. I'm dying here trying to sort it out and it's making my normal ability to think screwy.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
That explains my midnight wake-up - to asleep to figure it out, too awake to sleep.

Here! There are currently wet dog footprints all over the hardwood and I don't really care.

Wifey has an offer for the job she wants, so she'll be going downtown to negotiate terms this afternoon. It won't be what she was making before, because that was California wage, but it will still be pretty damn good. Not new house good, but solid renovations good.

And... since we have a written offer that can't be taken off the table without a discrimination lawsuit, I can finally say it: Wifey's pregnant with round 2. This is also why time has become less of a concern with house projects vs. cost - babies are fucking expensive.
Congrats Chewie! And yeah, you may as well take up woodworking. :D

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Hello and happy freakin' Friday peoples. I assume both us Canaderps and Muricans have a long weekend, this weekend. If so, may there be many fireworks (plz not after 12am), beer(s) and ride(s).

I can report that it is still raining here. The weather peeps are saying there is an 80% chance of precipitation tomorrow as well. :think:

Big ride scheduled for tomorrow morning. Should be fantastic.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

Make America Late Again.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Rehearsal went well, last night. This weekend's performance should be exciting.

Hernia reminded me not to lift heavy things, until after they gut me like a fish, next week.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Good and bad. Rode last night, so that was good. Mother F'ers bulldozed one of my most favoritest sections on a ridge. Gone, flat. I mean, I think technically it is a fire road, but it's been the same way since I've started riding. Goodbye rock features, goodbye high speed drops, goodbye fun. It's bullshit.

On that note, leave for Whistler a week from tomorrow and will be there for two weeks with the family. That mildly soothes my sorrow.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

So yesterday I am at Grocery Outlet picking up some breakfast items and I see a new item among the other crap.

Seemed like SUCH a great idea. So I grab a box ($1.99) and head home. I get home and open the box, and they seem a bit wrecked. I look at the front of the box and see the "Keep frozen", these were on a shelf with the donuts and fruit pies.

No idea ho long these have been defrosted. Should be good, Twinkies are legit, right? :panic:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Father and brother's family visiting for the long weekend. By visiting I mean in they will be in same town I live in. Found out through my dad that my brother will be travelling with his 80+ year old country club type in-laws.

Nope, not dealing with that bullshit. Plan on hanging with the pops then I may make a few appearances with the larger group but I refuse to play host, not to mention I have no fucking clue what to do with those people.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
The office hens are currently fawning over an infant grandchild one of them brought in and I'm all like "yeah great."
I never cared much for little kids, but I adore mine. The whole being your crotch-spawn makes the difference, unless you're a post-menopausal woman in which case you fawn over every ugly little baby.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Kirkegaard says to dare is to lose one's footing momentarily. Not to dare is to lose oneself. This whole project moving to Denmark sure has made me loose my footing a couple of time but I hope and believe it will be a good move for me and the family and that we find ourselves even more.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I never cared much for little kids, but I adore mine. The whole being your crotch-spawn makes the difference, unless you're a post-menopausal woman in which case you fawn over every ugly little baby.
I don't know. Blob of baby is never cute. Functional little person at about 1 is when we get there.