Quantcast

<> M.F. Friday GTM <>

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good night!

Work week over! Had my fair share of beers, somehow Vietnam has the best BBQ ribs I think I have ever had, and a sweaty walk home that was filled with the money lust of prostitutes. What more could one ask for?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I never cared much for kids, but I generally barely tolerate mine. The whole being your crotch-spawn makes the difference
Fixed that for me.

:D
I don't know. Blob of baby is never cute. Functional little person at about 1 is when we get there.
And from there they go to won't-listen-little-tantrum-throwing-asshole. Which hopefully subsides once they leave for college.

I guarantee someone will make the comment of how I could have gotten a much bigger house in __________.
You need to make a little cardboard "Fuck You" sign on a stick and keep it in your hand during all conversations... at the ready.

Last edited:

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Off the Whitehorse for a friends 50th. Cripes... I have 50 year old friends...

Pig roast, and hopefully some midnight sun/northern lights.

Might get a ride in up there too.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
No long weekend for me, so much cluster fuckery with my work right now the FSM must think that I needed smiting.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Fixed that for me.

:D

And from there they go to won't-listen-little-tantrum-throwing-asshole. Which hopefully subsides once they leave for college.

You need to make a little cardboard "Fuck You" sign on a stick and keep it in your hand during all conversations... at the ready.

Nah, I'll just admit failure and return to my house that is too small for them to stay in, peacefully enjoy a beer while watching the sun set behind the Olympics and consider the terrible mistake I made.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I don't know. Blob of baby is never cute. Functional little person at about 1 is when we get there.
First few months are alien territory, agreed. I'd put it more like 6 months, when they can smile and giggle.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I hate it when you get out of the shower only to realize you still have residual sudz in your crack.

Life is tough.
Agreed. Though, not quite as irritating as getting out and immediately having to take a dump. Like come on body, you couldn't have signaled that 10 minutes ago??

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Unpacking from 8 nights in Glacier including two mellow rides with @Serial Midget

There were eleventy billionty 'squitos... and slightly fewer wet creek crossings

IMG_20170627_184251991_rsz.jpg

Beargrass flowers were as good as they've ever seen (according to rangers)

IMG_20170627_183345390_rsz.jpg

We camped at Fish Ck/Lake McDonald and relocated to Bowman when the Midge arrived

IMG_20170629_081542252_rsz.jpg

The high country was still holding a lot of snow, as was evidenced by the fact that Going to the Sun Road just opened on Wednesday...

IMG_20170627_180219578_rsz.jpg

The Midge and I did do some exploring north of Pole Bridge (Whale Lake, we were stopped about 1/2 mile from lake when the postholing was too deep)

IMG_20170627_180226511_rsz.jpg

Downhill was mellow but fun...

IMG_20170627_182348286_HDR_rsz.jpg

And we had to stop along the way to dissect (grass filled) bear poop -- not pictured was the fresh Coyote track at the snowfield turnaround...

IMG_20170627_183624469_rsz.jpg

We'd hoped to ride Thoma Lookout the next day, but somehow missed the cairn to the hike-a-bike portion so had a mellow double-track day instead (no pics)

Last edited:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Agreed. Though, not quite as irritating as getting out and immediately having to take a dump. Like come on body, you couldn't have signaled that 10 minutes ago??
I've developed a system to significantly reduce the chances of such a situation.

Step 1 - Wake up and immediately drink a glass of water. Over night you get dehydrated which makes your digestive process slow down. The glass of water wakes everything up and you should feel things start to move.

Step 2 - Do everything in your morning routine before showering. This gives your insides some time to do shit.

Step 3 - Poop

Step 4 - Shower

It doesn't work every time but I manage to take a pre-shower shit almost every morning. YMMV as I tend to eat large dinners with generous servings of fibrous veggies.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've developed a system to significantly reduce the chances of such a situation.

Step 1 - Wake up and immediately drink a glass of water. Over night you get dehydrated which makes your digestive process slow down. The glass of water wakes everything up and you should feel things start to move.

Step 2 - Do everything in your morning routine before showering. This gives your insides some time to do shit.

Step 3 - Poop

Step 4 - Shower

It doesn't work every time but I manage to take a pre-shower shit almost every morning. YMMV as I tend to eat large dinners with generous servings of fibrous veggies.
Coffee

nuff said.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Unpacking from 8 nights in Glacier including two mellow rides with @Serial Midget

There were eleventy billionty 'squitos... and slightly fewer wet creek crossings

View attachment 125739

Beargrass flowers were as good as they've ever seen (according to rangers)

View attachment 125740

We camped at Fish Ck/Lake McDonald and relocated to Bowman when the Midge arrived

View attachment 125741

The high country was still holding a lot of snow, as was evidenced by the fact that Going to the Sun Road just opened on Wednesday...

View attachment 125742

The Midge and I did do some exploring north of Pole Bridge (Whale Lake, we were stopped about 1/2 mile from lake when the postholing was too deep)

View attachment 125743

Downhill was mellow but fun...

View attachment 125744

And we had to stop along the way to dissect (grass filled) bear poop -- not pictured was the fresh Coyote track at the snowfield turnaround...

View attachment 125745

We'd hoped to ride Thoma Lookout the next day, but somehow missed the cairn to the hike-a-bike portion so had a mellow double-track day instead (no pics)
The rivers seemed deeper...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
How was your recovery?
I passed out from the pain despite being doped up on morphine when they tried to move me from one post op area to another. Which surprised them...

A decade later my groin is still fucked enough that I can't do much lifting.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I got meshed-up on both sides for an inguinal hernia several years ago, and now I've got an abdominal hernia that I've got to get worked on. Makes me look like I've got an "outie"
You people are weak and should stop polluting the gene pool with your faulty code.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
contusion still hurts like a sonofabitch. But maybe a little less edgy?! Discovered last night that my wang is bruised too. on wednesday I had discovered a bruise on the inside of the opposite foot. When I hit the tree with my right hip, I must have also stabbed my choad (chode?) with my saddle, and hit the inside of my left ankle against my cranks...

Am supposed to head out to a cottage by a lake tonight, but will wait until tomorrow morning. I'd rather eat pizza and drink beer at home in my underwear tonight.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
How was your recovery?
Mine was great...they catheterized me for the surgery, so that first pee felt like someone had given a case of the clap while I was passed out, but other than that, all good.

I'm not entirely sure how the abdominal hernia developed...it was just there one day. That surgery is a little more invasive, but my father-in-law had the same thing done last year and recovered just fine. I look forward to surgeries - it's the best sleep I get the entire year.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Something like "I'd like to fuck that"?
No. More like weird topic phrases. I'm listening to music now and variations of the phrases keep coming into the song, even though I know every word of the song and they are incorrect.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
You people are weak and should stop polluting the gene pool with your faulty code.
You need coffee just to take a shit, go home you drug addict :disgust1:

contusion still hurts like a sonofabitch. But maybe a little less edgy?! Discovered last night that my wang is bruised too. on wednesday I had discovered a bruise on the inside of the opposite foot. When I hit the tree with my right hip, I must have also stabbed my choad (chode?) with my saddle, and hit the inside of my left ankle against my cranks...
Swelling is weird. My balls got purple and swollen and my dick is still partially purple even though I didn't actually do anything to my junk. If you have enough swelling it moves around on it's own.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You need coffee just to take a shit, go home you drug addict :disgust1:
I certainly don't need it to poop. But poop happens about 5 minutes after my first cup. I can schedule my turds with great accuracy. 7:45 every morning, on the dot. No coffee and that become sometime between 8:00 and 10:00. I ain't got time for that. Ain't nobody got time for that

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Mine was great...they catheterized me for the surgery, so that first pee felt like someone had given a case of the clap while I was passed out, but other than that, all good.
Oh man, when I was in my 20s I had to have an emergency surgery. When I came to, I was sharing the room with some old guy. He had had a catheter installed but removed. When the attending Dr. came by to check on us, he noticed that the old man's catheter had been removed. He yelled at the nurses, absolutely furious. He said something along the lines of "you fools, why did you take it out?! There's a reason we put those in when people are knocked out. Now we have to put back in while he's awake". The cries of agony from that man... Post-op... I will never forget. :fie:

Oh man, when I was in my 20s I had to have an emergency surgery. When I came to, I was sharing the room with some old guy. He had had a catheter installed but removed. When the attending Dr. came by to check on us, he noticed that the old man's catheter had been removed. He yelled at the nurses, absolutely furious. He said something along the lines of "you fools, why did you take it out?! There's a reason we put those in when people are knocked out. Now we have to put back in while he's awake". The cries of agony from that man... Post-op... I will never forget. :fie:
MDs continue to argue about whether and when catheters are appropriate. As a patient, one has the right to say no...

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
My ride got cut short by rain this evening. :rant:
On a positive note, I finished an overhaul of my 888CR. Really nice fork to work on. Finally with the firm coil in it, I cannot wait to ride it in the gnarr again.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Father and brother's family visiting for the long weekend. By visiting I mean in they will be in same town I live in. Found out through my dad that my brother will be travelling with his 80+ year old country club type in-laws.

Nope, not dealing with that bullshit. Plan on hanging with the pops then I may make a few appearances with the larger group but I refuse to play host, not to mention I have no fucking clue what to do with those people.
Invite them to dinner at $500 per plate for a "charity fundraiser". Show them some random slides of forests and shit. They'll think it's terrific to be able to help a worthy cause.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
welp. today's ride was one of my more random ones. radar made it look like rain in the hills all day. as @jackalopes are non-aquatic animals, our very own decided to remain in the comfort of his lair. since no shuttle is to be had, i decide to do a loop of yellowbuck and then maybe headquarters or lost cove cliffs.

it's grey and spits rain while driving up but once i hit the road into the forest it's just misting. get out of the car. 134% humidity. yellowbuck as a solo loop that begins with a 6 mile gravel grind of a climb. then into the woods for a fast mile-long descent featuring large whoop-de-do booters all the way down. then a steep, loose, heinous hike a bike.

at this point i realize i'm as wet as i would have been if it had been raining. also pretty sure i heard a bear downslope scratching on a tree or log. not sure what else would make a noise like that. pretty cool.

finally hit the summit and look forward to the steep, ledgy, loose, rough, and (unfortunately) face-slappy 2.5 mile descent back to the car. it's terrific. i'm soaked through (even though still no rain) but most pleased. until i take off my pack and realize that somewhere along the way my new rain shell has been ejected. make the call to turn the bike around look for it. hike a bike back to the summit (no way in hell to ride up this trail-can hardly push up parts).

descend the initial hike a bike, which i've never done and is pretty fun. start pushing back up the whoop de do descent. find rain shell snagged on tree. make the call to turn around and do the initial hike a bike and gnurr descent again rather than finish the push up the whoops and coast down the fire road. rewarded with another excellent dh. hit the car, grab a beer, and wring out clothes, head home.

@jackalope - rematch on the 14th???

Last edited: