Quantcast

(M*o*n*y*a*d)

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Spent yesterday laying on my back for back pain. It was the first time I needed to take pain killers in months. I hope it was an isolated incident. Maybe sympathy pain for Marine?

Beautiful sunny day. But I'm too busy at work to even consider a lunchtime sneak.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Not even sure people do vaccines here anymore. Nobody is talking about covid but it is on the rise.

Rainy summer so far and I have not motivated myself to ride the road bike. Will try to get my lazy ass to ride to work this week. It's a good 45min each way and could be a good way to start again with a purpose.

Enjoyed my stick hedge battery hedge trimmer. No more long cord or ladders to move around. I was able to work much faster and split up the work. Crazy I have not done this before.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Was a tourist for a day Sunday, got some night time pics that weren't complete shite.
IMGP7376~2.jpg

IMGP7950.jpg

New lens seemed to do pretty well, had no issues with AF at night.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
What's up roflbrahs!! 3200 yard swim done, made only possible by the lifeguard letting us start 10 minutes before the pool officially opens.

I'm in all day software demo meetings for the next two weeks, and oddly enough I don't mind because that means two weeks of getting paid to basically do nothing.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
It's collected for sure. If/when it gets treated, who knows?

I sure wouldn't want to eat any of the geese that land in it.
Did you know that if people put detergent(to make bubbles) in to a water feature that has a fountain it can kill the birds that land in it?
The reduction in surface tension makes them blow straight through when they com in to land and they may not get enough air trapped in their feathers to be buoyant.

That would be a shitty confusing way to die.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
T+P for those down below in Kansas with the forecast temps today.

I'm supposed to fend for myself and keep the DSO alive all week.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
:wave:

Short week, so will try to stay remotely focused today.

Hope it get some sort of road ride in tonight.

Riding buddy that is 54 and a big covid is a lie dude, has it. Kicking his ass, he’s a raging alcoholic so not sure how he’ll fare. After I got my first jab, he told me he wasn’t getting his because he was going to die of something cooler than Covid. Eyeroll.gif

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Weird migraine shaped object took the piss out of me this weekend. I suppose if that's all I have to deal with, then so be it, but it sucked. Did a ride yesterday but didn't have much gas in the tank and couldn't get out of bed this morning for a workout, so here I am bitching about it on the internet.

Landscaping supplies ordered from the depot, should arrive next saturday after which I will die forever trying to build my patio. it'll be nice at the end, I am told.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Spent the weekend in Steamboat Springs for the Moots gravel crushing shenanigans. Reserved a spot in January when I thought I would have bikes here, but nosuchluck. Went anyway, drank their beer and hung out with friends old and new...and the Frau. Damn, that woman can shop...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I can smell wildfire smoke with the windows open this morning.

Has NM burned down completely yet? :/

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Not even sure people do vaccines here anymore. Nobody is talking about covid but it is on the rise.
Danish government followed Trump's advice. Want lower Covid numbers? Just stop testing. :disgust1: ;)

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
T+P for those down below in Kansas with the forecast temps today.

I'm supposed to fend for myself and keep the DSO alive all week.
'twas already lovely shirtsleeve weather for my "bike" commute in this morning

but will indeed be hot as balls after 4 pm when I swing on back harumph

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
father's day present is a day and a half to myself to do whatever i want. aka wife is taking the kids down to her mom's for 2 nights.

edit: bikes shall be ridden.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
TOTALLY RIDEABLE
That route probably has the highest hike, lowest bike ration of any "ride" I've ever done...

Did you guys have to ride back up Guanella Pass to the top or did you have a shuttle vehicle parked at the bottom end of the single-track?

I'm grateful we had a car at the bottom when we did it.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
That route probably has the highest hike, lowest bike ration of any "ride" I've ever done...

Did you guys have to ride back up Guanella Pass to the top or did you have a shuttle vehicle parked at the bottom end of the single-track?

I'm grateful we had a car at the bottom when we did it.
I've had a car at the bottom EVERY time I've done it. That ride can fuck right off if you gotta ride up to Guanella. :nope:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
you co dudes must have a weird definition for what constitutes a "trail"
We'll fuckin' ride anything that isn't closed to us. This particular trail is the most brutal 18 mile of singletrack/4x4 road you could ask for.

Wait...you've been dumb enough to go back more than once?

Also...where izzat? ^^
Fuck yeah I'm dumb enough to have done it more than once. I'll spare you how many times I've done it. :D

The 2nd photo is the Spring Creek -> Stony Pass section of the CT. We bailed at West Lost Trail Creek on that particular attempt. The 2nd time we finished the whole thing.