Quantcast

(M*o*n*y*a*d)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
My bad, was glancing at Google maps when I posted and it has a Buffalo Pass campground right near there.

When I first read it my reaction was, "Fuck off you nutty Brit." But then I, too, saw that campground and settled down a bit. Marshall -> North is still a bit nutty, don't get me wrong... but not nearly as nutty as what I thought you were proposing.

And I am interested in this if you have the patience to have me along. :D

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
When I first read it my reaction was, "Fuck off you nutty Brit." But then I, too, saw that campground and settled down a bit. Marshall -> North is still a bit nutty, don't get me wrong... but not nearly as nutty as what I thought you were proposing.

And I am interested in this if you have the patience to have me along. :D
Great, now I want honey roasted cashews.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
The saga of my non-existent hearing continues, nobody seems to be able to figure it out but I suspect a large part of the doctor's ;ack of success is a lack of effort.

At least I got to ride yesterday, so that was nice.
Doh. I missed the start of this. Hearing issues? Fuuuuu.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Doh. I missed the start of this. Hearing issues? Fuuuuu.
Yeah, in combination with sinus issues. Every time I talk to a new Dr they say the same thing "What, you're 35, way too young for this kind of hearing loss", and since I have ongoing sinus issues they always think they're related, but never get past some basic diagnostics and a "whelp, that's very strange, let us know if anything changes". It's frustrating, they won't even give me hearing aids because I don't have an actual diagnosis other then "deaf as shit"

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah, in combination with sinus issues. Every time I talk to a new Dr they say the same thing "What, you're 35, way too young for this kind of hearing loss", and since I have ongoing sinus issues they always think they're related, but never get past some basic diagnostics and a "whelp, that's very strange, let us know if anything changes". It's frustrating, they won't even give me hearing aids because I don't have an actual diagnosis other then "deaf as shit"
have you been to an ENT?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Have you had a hearing exam where they put you in a sound proof room with headphones and play a series or noises and ask if you can hear them ? If not make an appointment. I did and while it didn’t improve my hearing it did give me a better understanding of the problem. Unfortunately hearing aides won’t help me but I now take steps to protect what’s left like wearing noise canceling headphones while running loud machines.

Good luck.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
have you been to an ENT?
Yep, they pulled a Shrek-esq glob of dried earwax out of my ear and said I was otherwise fine.

Have you had a hearing exam where they put you in a sound proof room with headphones and play a series or noises and ask if you can hear them ? If not make an appointment. I did and while it didn’t improve my hearing it did give me a better understanding of the problem. Unfortunately hearing aides won’t help me but I now take steps to protect what’s left like wearing noise canceling headphones while running loud machines.

Good luck.

Been getting the run around on an actual hearing test. Kaiser is great if the tests you need done can be done in their facility, if not, they kinda suck. I'd have figured the number of times I say "what, can you repeat that" during a visit would have counted as a hearing test.

The most annoying part is that I've always been great about wearing PPE around loud shit. When I was on the shop floor I usually had ear plugs with muffs over them. Now here I am not hearing shit, and the guys I worked with who barely wore ear plugs, and when they did didn't wear them right are fine.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Fudge. At least I know why my hearing kinda sucks. I just had a bunch of diagnostics run to confirm I listened to too much loud music, but that seems to be what happened.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
The saga of my non-existent hearing continues, nobody seems to be able to figure it out but I suspect a large part of the doctor's ;ack of success is a lack of effort.

At least I got to ride yesterday, so that was nice.
That sucks. My wife lost hearing in one ear due to some viral crap a few years back. She's still irritated by the whole thing... :disgust:

What?

Arm stabbed for shingles, another in two to six months.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
you co dudes must have a weird definition for what constitutes a "trail"
Once you've ridden our "trails", as you refer to them, you will then understand how certain bikes come to originate.

When I moved to CO I had a 575 set up as an aggressive trail bike for CA. Oh boy... That did not last long in CO. Things changed after I melted my brakes on my second ride here. Where the first I almost died from hypoxia chasing the Yeti guys for a casual lunch ride. Bigger brakes, burlier suspension, bigger tires and more stout wheels, broader gearing range. Even then I ended up bumping to the sb66 shortly thereafter, because I needed a trail bike, not an XC bike.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Once you've ridden our "trails", as you refer to them, you will then understand how certain bikes come to originate.

When I moved to CO I had a 575 set up as an aggressive trail bike for CA. Oh boy... That did not last long in CO. Things changed after I melted my brakes on my second ride here. Where the first I almost died from hypoxia chasing the Yeti guys for a casual lunch ride. Bigger brakes, burlier suspension, bigger tires and more stout wheels, broader gearing range. Even then I ended up bumping to the sb66 shortly thereafter, because I needed a trail bike, not an XC bike.
the ///Stoney ///Effect

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
yellowstone closed indefinitely due to massive flooding/rock slides/roads washing away...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
One of the mom's at Hannah's school dropped her keys, with a pepper spray cannister, just inside the front door. It exploded, spraying pepper spray all over the hallway and entryway. Women there had no idea how to clear it, or even what it was, because apparently she took off right away...

They had no fans, so no way to blow it out. When I left, they had just sent one to TGT to get a fan and set up airflow.

I'm just waiting for the email to all families making sure no one brings pepper spray in again...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
One of the mom's at Hannah's school dropped her keys, with a pepper spray cannister, just inside the front door. It exploded, spraying pepper spray all over the hallway and entryway. Women there had no idea how to clear it, or even what it was, because apparently she took off right away...

They had no fans, so no way to blow it out. When I left, they had just sent one to TGT to get a fan and set up airflow.

I'm just waiting for the email to all families making sure no one brings pepper spray in again...
kill list