Quantcast

(M*o*n*y*a*d)

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
One of the mom's at Hannah's school dropped her keys, with a pepper spray cannister, just inside the front door. It exploded, spraying pepper spray all over the hallway and entryway. Women there had no idea how to clear it, or even what it was, because apparently she took off right away...

They had no fans, so no way to blow it out. When I left, they had just sent one to TGT to get a fan and set up airflow.

I'm just waiting for the email to all families making sure no one brings pepper spray in again...
Good thing they didn’t have my patent pending poison ivy pepper spray.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well, it happened again today. Another wander of a ride, and I found my new favorite DH near town. Seriously 3 miles from my house. I ran into some dudes looking for the same ride at dusk. Involves a few substantial hike-a-bikes, and some ‘free-riding’ down an unmarked hillside, so very difficult to get to. But oh, oh so rewarding. Rocks, turns, natural features and jumps, loose terrain, hard rocks to roll or launch off of, loam, and some high meadow sage.
Superb.
But not a ‘hangover’type ride, unless you hate yourself.
1545 ft sustained descent after the work, though.
And ends at a bar/burger joint.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
You front range guys always make me feel nostalgic. In my mind I'd love to go ride apex, hogsback and white ranch on a modern bike, but I am sure the elevation, heat and dryness would kill me dead...the 25 years of getting old might work against me too. My last ride down Apex was July of 2000!

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I’m just a Front Range Poseur….but do any of the Frangers wanna ride on the 4th or 5th, or maybe the morning of the 6th?
I can ride on the 4th but am working the other two days.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
You front range guys always make me feel nostalgic. In my mind I'd love to go ride apex, hogsback and white ranch on a modern bike, but I am sure the elevation, heat and dryness would kill me dead...the 25 years of getting old might work against me too. My last ride down Apex was July of 2000!
You might be a little surprised at the 4-foot wide sections of Enchanted Forest. :disgust:

It's still a goddam hootenanny, though.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
You might be a little surprised at the 4-foot wide sections of Enchanted Forest. :disgust:

It's still a goddam hootenanny, though.
Half of Apex is the front range trails are turning into doubletrack the way people wander off next to the trail to pass others instead of just standing to the side momentarily.