Quantcast

*** M ***

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
:wave:

This is the sort of quality content that brings me back to RM day after day.

As I got to the end of this thread (before your post) I was thinking of how good this thread was for a Monday let alone the interwebs......

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Busy work day. MIL too scared to drive in heavy snow, so we had to pay for Haley to got to before/after school care. Neighbor texted me this morning and said to assume going fwd that he will take Haley if I'm not taking all the girls (he has 2) - stoked that we got this plan in place.

Getting my Bullet Journal started again because my "to do" list is getting out of control and that's what kept it in check last time. Almost ready to list the M - debating fixing the sunroof or just saying 'fuck it' and just listing it.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Sent in a counter offer for one of the jerbs asking for more $$$. Not unreasonable, but we shall see what they say. Otherwise, it would appear that this job hunting saga may be over with.

Now to buy a fuel efficient commuter car.
UPDATE: They did not fully capitulate to my terms, but they did make up the difference as a signing bonus as opposed to salary. Its money I didnt have before, so I figured it's a win. Time to go car shopping!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Got a quick lol. I just had a meeting with a younger guy and we got sidetracked talking about cars because he used to work for Discount Tire. The building I'm at has an off-camber, 90*, right-hand turn at the bottom of a hill along the front of the building that has iced over and there are a ton of people lined up along the window watching people peg their cars into the curb. When I came through I felt it slide and lost the back-end some but pulled it around, then just pulled it into the lot going about my business. Apparently I got cheers because they were sure I was going into the curb when I lost the back in, because I'm in Wifey's Infiniti today, which is not expected to be driven by somebody who could pull it back. We got a good laugh out of it.

Who knew driving like a dumbass for so long would have benefits with clients?

Speaking of driving like an idiot... I get to take the MIL up to the HS to teach her how to drive in the snow tonight. DONUTS!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
The bride's father was wearing dress shoes with no socks. Bride's mother was high as fuck on "meth or heroin." I guess we couldn't narrow it down further than that.
In the interest of full disclosure, the parents are my daughter's in laws. The son is OK and incredibly embarrassed by his family.
Trick question: did you wear socks? :busted: If not, this is the best wife trolling of the decade. :rofl:
I am sure your daughter must be thrilled by her new SIL. :D

UPDATE: They did not fully capitulate to my terms, but they did make up the difference as a signing bonus as opposed to salary. Its money I didnt have before, so I figured it's a win. Time to go car shopping!
Congrats! :cheers: Welcome back to the slave ship. What cars are you looking at?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
you should always ask for more PTO in a counter offer
I was up front with my PTO expectations and received them, even though it is in excess of the company's policy for new employees.

Figured I'd work them over for some extra money too, cause why not. They clearly want me, and I like money. Just not enough to go full corporate hooker and accept the other job where I'd be injecting myself into corporate hell with major international travel demands.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I was up front with my PTO expectations and received them, even though it is in excess of the company's policy for new employees.

Figured I'd work them over for some extra money too, cause why not. They clearly want me, and I like money. Just not enough to go full corporate hooker and accept the other job where I'd be injecting myself into corporate hell with major international travel demands.
fair enough. i always try to negotiate more PTO than i currently have, because why not.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I am skiing. Perhaps another 2 runs? That’ll be about 17.5k.

Edit:ended up just a touch over 20k.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
busy weekend was busy. blew off work early on Friday for Shedfest 2020. Skiied in for 40 minutes, passed out at 11, skiied out by 10:30 on Saturday.

When I got home I took my youngest progeny to the local winter festival for a few hours.

Then we had friends who were celebrating their birthdays at a ski-in cabin so we went there for a few hours.

Sunday was a (really nice) solo fat bike ride.

followed by a family nordic ski outing.

My oldest is in a racing program and - I'm now realizing - quite fast. It was my youngest's first time out this year. He did quite well, skiing 5k with a smile.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Trivial news. LDT is first foozballer from Kebekistan to win Super bowl. He can now retire and continue being a doctor.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
All aboard!

Looking at a 2008 - 2010 vintage Honda Fit. Figure I can get a stick in something with 120K or so for $3K. Rack up the miles on that and keep them off the truck.
That should certainly be a good commuter car.

Also keep an eye out for the Toyota Matrix. Mine and others have been super reliable, can fit my bikes in the back with the front wheel off. Best part is that the rear seats fold flat and when folded down, the entire back area is flat plastic and has tie down anchors. Pretty sweet for luggage, bikes, coolers, sleeping etc.

Mine is up to 242000km and all I've done are regular oil changes and front brakes. Need to do front struts and possibly front right wheel bearing, but I guess those are kind of expected with that mileage. One note is that the odometer in some years of this car doesn't go any higher than 299999km...my mechanic had one over 400000 (logged manually).

/shittybasiccarreview