Quantcast

m1 and outboard bearing cranks

mxer338

Monkey
May 9, 2005
CT
used search but couldnt find anything m1 specific. i will most likely run xts or saints with an e 13 guide, i heard of some clearance issues and heard from someone that the saints will not work at all.

so if someone could clear this up and what model i need and what width is best it would really help

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
I know Zark runs Saints and they're Outboard.......he's got a M1.

I knew there was bashguide fitment issues where you have to grind a little off (new guides have it fixed). I dunno about the Raceface or Truvativ stuff fitting but I've seen Saints fit a M1.

Good question though.

mxer338

Monkey
May 9, 2005
CT
its an 02 if that matters and just by kinda looking at the drive side and bb and having seen the way my friends diabolous mount im having some doubts, but someone please enlighten me

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Like Spunger said I run Saints on an E13 SRS on an '02 M1. The cranks had no issues on the install. My older E13 had to be modded quite a bit for the Saint's girth.

My buddy Taylor installed Diabolous on his M1 (w MRP) No issues there.

I think you are good to go!

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
I run Hone's with an MRP inner and e13 supercharger and had no clearance issues what so ever. The arms actually sit further away from the frame than they did with my last set of ISIS cranks.

Don't know how Saint/e13 fits up though.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Repack said:
Don't know how Saint/e13 fits up though.
It works, old E13's require mods though as they weren't made with outboard bearings and huge crank arms in mind:D

mxer338

Monkey
May 9, 2005
CT
alright thanks guys now i just have to decide if i wanna ditch the trusty profiles and actually get the saints... ill update when my build is complete

Eurotrash

Monkey
Mar 2, 2002
I say keep the profiles and just get a Ti axel, you wont be far off the weight of a set of saints