Quantcast

M6 or Demo 8

Pashley 24Mhz

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Belgium, Europe
I currently have an Intense M6, which I love to ride, but I sometimes get the impression that the frame has too much travel for my riding style. I want something a bit more flickable.
So thought a Demo 8 would suit me better.
Any of you guys who had them both and can compare?

Ithnu

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
I've put 3 laps on 2 different M6s over the years and currently own a Demo 8. You are on the right track, the M6 definitely is meant to stick to the ground and the Demo 8 likes to pop and double lots of little things other bikes might just plow through.

I've been on the Demo8 for 2 years now and forgot how much it "flicks"; I swapped to a friend's Iron Horse Sunday last month. Talk about plow. I expected to jump off some larger rocks and the thing just stuck to the ground and rolled over them. The only thing was when I got back on my Demo it felt kinda bumpy at first because the Sunday was so smooth over the rough stuff.

hitar_potar

Monkey
Sep 23, 2011
Ruse, Bulgaria
I've put 3 laps on 2 different M6s over the years and currently own a Demo 8. You are on the right track, the M6 definitely is meant to stick to the ground and the Demo 8 likes to pop and double lots of little things other bikes might just plow through.

I've been on the Demo8 for 2 years now and forgot how much it "flicks"; I swapped to a friend's Iron Horse Sunday last month. Talk about plow. I expected to jump off some larger rocks and the thing just stuck to the ground and rolled over them. The only thing was when I got back on my Demo it felt kinda bumpy at first because the Sunday was so smooth over the rough stuff.
Hmmm, coming from a Devinci Ollie 2006 with FSR suspension to a DW-linked Sunday, my experience is quite the opposite: the Devinci went through anything without needing to jump over, it was quite a tractor. The Sunday however felt a lot better when jumping. But this was with the coil shock it came with. Got the air shock from the Devinci and put it on the Sunday and it transformed it in go-through-anything machine - the rear end is pretty smooth, and yet still jumps easy. :) It's kinda more firmly working at the back then the Ollie. :)
What's so wrong with the M6 going through everything at a really fast pace? :D