Quantcast

istratetm

Chimp
Jan 19, 2009
not to be totally off topic, this is the first Intense DH frame i like and i would buy no question asked. nice piece of engineering there.
and now a question for Intenseman or Stikman. my buddy who i ride with has an M6 that he really loves and doesn't want to let go for anything in the world. but 2 weeks ago he broke the rear triangle right between the bolts that connect the dropout to the main triangle(on the disc brake side). where can he find a spare rear triangle that doesn't brake the bank. does Intense still have some of these left? thanks a lot

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
not to be totally off topic, this is the first Intense DH frame i like and i would buy no question asked. nice piece of engineering there.
and now a question for Intenseman or Stikman. my buddy who i ride with has an M6 that he really loves and doesn't want to let go for anything in the world. but 2 weeks ago he broke the rear triangle right between the bolts that connect the dropout to the main triangle(on the disc brake side). where can he find a spare rear triangle that doesn't brake the bank. does Intense still have some of these left? thanks a lot
It should be a warranty issue. Have him contact Intense or go to his LBS.

istratetm

Chimp
Jan 19, 2009
hey I always let my friends handle my warranty issues by talking to people on the internet
hey dude what is your problem? english is not our language and my friend doesn't excel in this area so i wanted to help him. and the frame warranty expired so he is lookin' to buy a rear triangle. where was i supposed to ask?
i am sorry for the offtopic!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
hey dude what is your problem? english is not our language and my friend doesn't excel in this area so i wanted to help him. and the frame warranty expired so he is lookin' to buy a rear triangle. where was i supposed to ask?
i am sorry for the offtopic!
hey relax dude! your english is fine ( actually nothing about your post indicated to me that english wasn't your first language). I just like to talk trash :)

Try emailing intense directly - they have their contact info on their website

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Major props too stick and the gang at intense should have some pics in the next few days

Major props to ogc over here for the locals

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
Our resident old schooler Leigh Donovan will be headed to RAYS indoor bike park this weekend for their season opening. So we made this custom painted Tazer HT for her. It set out to be ‘chrome gold’ but came out more a champagne color. Pretty classy…she loves it. Stop by the event.
it's not nice to call an attractive lady a "resident old schooler", even if the PR guy is her husband. ;)

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
that is crazy 11.4lbs??? at least a pound more then I thought.
well if that is with the shock and steel spring, its not too crazy.
my large PC'd Revolt is 12.2lbs with the CCDB and steel spring.

take out the weight of the CCDB-465g(9.55x3) and steel spring-612g(450#) and its pretty light(ish)

jrewing

Monkey
Aug 22, 2010
Maydena Oz
Has anyone received their L frame yet? The wait is killing me.:(

Oh man. Now peeps might skip my post cause of Count Dracula... VVVVVVVV

Last edited:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Rode mine today in the swamp that is the PNW at this point. First thing that struck me (besides stik's 10lb wheelset) is that the bike is near silent... More to come...

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
that is crazy 11.4lbs??? at least a pound more then I thought.
But it will finally not dent. It is still quite easy to build a light bike with that frame weight. Im pretty sure my legend with steel spring and rc4 wasnt more than 0.5lb lighter.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
But it will finally not dent. It is still quite easy to build a light bike with that frame weight. Im pretty sure my legend with steel spring and rc4 wasnt more than 0.5lb lighter.
very true, I would rather have a frame that weighs a little more and is more durable then trying to save weight by using thin tubing.:)

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
rofl@this thread

"omg, will intense finally make their bikes stronger so they wont dent and break easily?! wtf intense"

"wtf, you made it stronger by making it heavier with thicker tubing?!!!?!omfg!!"

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
rofl@this thread

"omg, will intense finally make their bikes stronger so they wont dent and break easily?! wtf intense"

"wtf, you made it stronger by making it heavier with thicker tubing?!!!?!omfg!!"
Its the same mindset that has been haunting these forums for the past 2 years only flipped. In most cases it was - OMG this bike is so light and from the same material that my heavy bike, why do the walls dent?Thats what happens when you raise your kids on David Copperfield show ;)

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.

Review coming shortly! I am definitely digging it, even though the adjustments are a bit mental. Trying to wrap my brain around what does what, and how each effects the other is a task.

Dwdrums00

Monkey
Mar 31, 2007
A Medium M6 is 11.3lbs with a revox and 350lb steel spring.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

Review coming shortly! I am definitely digging it, even though the adjustments are a bit mental. Trying to wrap my brain around what does what, and how each effects the other is a task.
thats a wee small looking bike.

what adjustments are having issues with? theres 3 travel adjustments and 3 progression adjustments.