Quantcast

a-rod

Chimp
Sep 28, 2010
Lancaster, CA
after watching this thread for quite some time, I think it is finally gettting some where. I can't wait to get mine now that I'm seeing some real builds.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Oh to be clear, it's not my build. It's a loaner bike from Intense built up with some spare parts they had at the factory. It isn't representative of their build kits etc.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca

Review coming shortly! I am definitely digging it, even though the adjustments are a bit mental. Trying to wrap my brain around what does what, and how each effects the other is a task.
Wrap your brain? Did you not get the email I sent?

Its simple really, run everything in the middle and you have what myself, our engineer and design team, our racers and other testers feel is the greatest handling bike.
Then go from there, it's not that complicated??
•G3 dropouts move chainstays in 1/4" increments
•those increments change BB and HeadAngle ever so slightly and varies with tires, fork, etc, but a general baseline is that for every G3 adjustment you make you effect the BB about 1/8" and 1/4° of head angle.
•Shock travel adjustment chips and shock progression do not change any geo
•AngleSet head angle adjustments will effect BB slightly, about 1/8" per half a degree as a general guideline.

I can not say it more clearly, ride the bike in the middle settings of EVERYTHING and you have a fantastic performing DH bike, if you want to start playing, make one adjustment, ride it a bunch, and change something else.

Fraser, more riding, less wrapping brain ;)

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I have to say im suprised how much i like the looks of that bike build. Im expecting the next years races to be swarmed with them.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Wrap your brain? Did you not get the email I sent?

Its simple really, run everything in the middle and you have what myself, our engineer and design team, our racers and other testers feel is the greatest handling bike.
Then go from there, it's not that complicated??
•G3 dropouts move chainstays in 1/4" increments
•those increments change BB and HeadAngle ever so slightly and varies with tires, fork, etc, but a general baseline is that for every G3 adjustment you make you effect the BB about 1/8" and 1/4° of head angle.
•Shock travel adjustment chips and shock progression do not change any geo
•AngleSet head angle adjustments will effect BB slightly, about 1/8" per half a degree as a general guideline.

I can not say it more clearly, ride the bike in the middle settings of EVERYTHING and you have a fantastic performing DH bike, if you want to start playing, make one adjustment, ride it a bunch, and change something else.

Fraser, more riding, less wrapping brain ;)
That makes way too much sense. This is RideMonkey, and we'll have none of that.

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
I have to say im suprised how much i like the looks of that bike build. Im expecting the next years races to be swarmed with them.
I was surprised at the sheer number of 951s that I was seeing around the east coast this season. This frame doesn't cost THAT much more, so I think it might end up being just as popular.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Ive never been a big Intense fan, but right now Im wishing I was a few inches shorter.................................................................

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Those wheels look soo sweet. Too bad I dont trust any CB product and they cost so insanely much.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Have measures been taken to ensure better frame alignment and pivot durability than previous Intense releases?

I don't mean this sarcastically. I think that frame looks to be the best unit that Intense has produced since the M1. I would be REALLY happy to see Intense get their production consistency a bit more dialed and ditch that whole stigmata.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
still waiting on my M9 but I am not worried about it.
My Tazer VP is perfect. An Uzzi and Spider 2 that we built up were also perfect.
All the time that is being put into the M9 I think it is going to be killer.

Last edited:

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Have measures been taken to ensure better frame alignment and pivot durability than previous Intense releases?

I don't mean this sarcastically. I think that frame looks to be the best unit that Intense has produced since the M1. I would be REALLY happy to see Intense get their production consistency a bit more dialed and ditch that whole stigmata.
Hacktastic...
it's a fine line interacting on the forums as the companies marketing guy...to not come off like a douche and hell, most companies have policies prohibiting interaction on the forums, but I find it pretty important. That being said, we have gone through significant changes in manufacturing, design, assembly, QC and it has been nice to assemble all of my team bikes, magazine bikes, etc myself and have all the links be spot on, wheels sit center, bolts lining up, etc.

I think we have ditched that whole old notion of Intense, but here I am talking about it again. Silly me.

On a sidenote, been riding some of our new trail bike offerings for 2011-2012 and been having a blast. If anything, getting back into the bike business after a 5 year layoff has got me riding bikes again and that is awesome.

Uncle Cliffy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 28, 2008
Southern Oregon
On a sidenote, been riding some of our new trail bike offerings for 2011-2012 and been having a blast. If anything, getting back into the bike business after a 5 year layoff has got me riding bikes again and that is awesome.
I don't want to derail this any further, but how are the Tracer 2 numbers lining up? It's pretty much a slam-dunk that I'm gonna get one this spring, but I'm just trying to decide on size. ;)

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
I think i may tear this thing down to the bare frame and reassemble with photos and video just to prove that everything is spot on with the damn thing. It is truly a great piece of craftsmanship.

frorider

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
cali
Hacktastic...
it's a fine line interacting on the forums as the companies marketing guy...to not come off like a douche and hell, most companies have policies prohibiting interaction on the forums, but I find it pretty important. .
i think you do a good job representing intense. :thumb:

roughly 1000X better than Rick the Welder did on mtbr. he had a knack for attacking current & potential customers on the forums. made for some great facepalm moments.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
He had a knack for attacking existing customers who had purchased no less than 3 of the last DH frames Intense had produced at the time (M1, M3, 951). An absolute WC caliber rider no less.

I would agree that Stik is managing the forum interaction nice and diplomatically.