Quantcast

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
i think you do a good job representing intense. :thumb:

roughly 1000X better than Rick the Welder did on mtbr. he had a knack for attacking current & potential customers on the forums. made for some great facepalm moments.
I must defend Rick, he's treated me like gold and is the one that sold me on Intense.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
from Cane Creek's FB page:
Cane Creek Cycling Components We just completed the ride testing needed to determine starting-point settings last Friday. Here they are...

HSC (Revolutions In) - 1.75
LSC (Clicks In) - 14

HSR (Revolutions In) - 2
LSR (Clicks In) - 17

Again, these are just recommendations to get you started. Fine tuning the shocks is all about your personal preferences.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
We will show an M9 at the Otter, M9 at the shows.
M9 is dialed.
Good! Now that the M9 is out of the way maybe you guys can work on the Socom Evo next, maybe? :D ;)
And don't try to tell me this is too much of a niche product, I mean you spend significant time on getting the 2951 dialed. ;)

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I do hang there...and I own one of those frames...and I'm saying people knocking intense for developing new frames are beating a dead horse because it's been discussed to death and really not funny anymore...and it's a good thing that intense is constantly evolving their frames and technology to make better bikes.

was I not clear?

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
I could care less about what the haters have to say about Intense constantly evolving their frames. 95% of said haters are not even good enough to show an improvement if they did timed runs on a M6 and a M9.

My guess they fall into 2 categories:
1. They are overly concerned with their precious resale value and/or keeping up with the Jones' needing the top of the line gear although they are mid pack sport riders on a good day.
2. They have a hard on for another brand that was the $hit last season, purchased said 'the $hit' bike and now have a clapped out turd in their possession that only has a 65* head angle while 63.5* is what the top 10 WC guys use. Now they are gonna hate on Intense.

I'm gonna stick with my M6 for now, I don't make bank anymore.

illnotsick

Monkey
Jun 3, 2009
I could care less about what the haters have to say about Intense constantly evolving their frames. 95% of said haters are not even good enough to show an improvement if they did timed runs on a M6 and a M9.

My guess they fall into 2 categories:
1. They are overly concerned with their precious resale value and/or keeping up with the Jones' needing the top of the line gear although they are mid pack sport riders on a good day.
2. They have a hard on for another brand that was the $hit last season, purchased said 'the $hit' bike and now have a clapped out turd in their possession that only has a 65* head angle while 63.5* is what the top 10 WC guys use. Now they are gonna hate on Intense.

I'm gonna stick with my M6 for now, I don't make bank anymore.

You call out the haters but that whole post is you hating. No one cares what it is as long as you ride it.

More M9 pictures please.

a-rod

Chimp
Sep 28, 2010
Lancaster, CA
I really don't get what everyones fuss is about with Intense developing new bikes. So, is like Ferrari supposed to bring out the 458 and call it good for 10 years. No, they probably have Massa testing a new car right now.

Big deal, Intense makes new bikes, they are supposed to right ... duh ... YES! You guys are all stoked on the new M9, but you hate the fact that its a new bike (haters that is). Whateve, just glad I dont have a Demo or Session or Glory on order. Those bikes really do change every year.

Can we get back to bitch'n pictures and ride reports please. I need something good until my frame shows up. Sure hope the yellow pops!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Overheard:
Internet guy A: "damn, they didn't show anything new at the show"
Internet guy B: "they suck, they come out with a new bike every 5 minutes, durrr hurrr hurrr hehehehe"

Enough with the annoying crap.
A-rod, I have a yellow M9 here, gonna shoot a few colors that some dealers have been asking about today, will post a yellow here later if I have time.

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
People hate stuff, no matter what; I have disdained Intense for years -- my true motive? I want these awesome bikes but they dont make the ones I want, the size I want.

Also, Im a huge SC whore! And they also deserve super bike status, but Intense has the 'boutique' and made in usa etc covered....

That said, bring out an XL M9 and I'lll consider my order V10c recinded

a-rod

Chimp
Sep 28, 2010
Lancaster, CA
Overheard:
Internet guy A: "damn, they didn't show anything new at the show"
Internet guy B: "they suck, they come out with a new bike every 5 minutes, durrr hurrr hurrr hehehehe"

Enough with the annoying crap.
A-rod, I have a yellow M9 here, gonna shoot a few colors that some dealers have been asking about today, will post a yellow here later if I have time.
AWESOME!!!! Thanks

Dwdrums00

Monkey
Mar 31, 2007
I think it's these yet to be named brakes. I think they are going to replace "The One"
Negative ghost rider. Those brakes will be out mid to late 2011 and will be branded as formulas DH brake. They will yield 20% more power than the ones with the cost of additional weight. They will not replace " the ones."