Quantcast

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Check MTBR, it looks like the first shipment went to Europe. There are more guys on the Intense forum from overseas

Oct 9, 2006
I had a chance to rally one at Bootleg Canyon on Dirt Demo Day. It was by far one of the most "planted" bikes I have ever ridden. It stuck lines smoothly and felt bottomless in its travel. It also popped really well when you wanted it to and felt pretty comfortable in the air. I dont have a ton to compare it to from the previous iterations(m1,m3 and so on) but it was pretty awesome. It definitely stuck lines better than my old Session 10 and felt better than the Kona Stab I have ridden. Over all it felt fast, could plow a line really well but was lively enough that you could finesse through anything.

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
for the first time im excieted on an intense product. $3000 isnt cheap, but considering the way prices have been going (santa cruz, turner, yeti, evil, ect) you sure seem to be getting alot for that money compared to the others

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
for the first time im excieted on an intense product. $3000 isnt cheap, but considering the way prices have been going (santa cruz, turner, yeti, evil, ect) you sure seem to be getting alot for that money compared to the others
Hey its $2950 with an RC4 and a AngleSet headset!! ;)
or $2999 with CCDB and Headset.

Aren't those headsets $300 msrp? and that shock like $600?

I am glad you are finally excited about one of our bikes.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006

That package pricing IS fairly impressive given the pricing of DH frames these days.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
when is the tazer HT gonna be available?
They have been for sale for a few months. We have some in stock too. Call your dealer chillin'…if that doesn't pan out, get ahold of me and I will find someone to get you one.
FWIW, I just sent a tazer HT to paint, chrome gold, as Leigh D is headed to the RAYS grand opening and she wanted a gold bike? should be dope.

I wanna try that on a M9 someday too.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.

Thats what I've been saying. 3k isn't cheap, but its made in thte US (so higher manufacturing costs), and comes with some brilliant bits already attached. It really is a good deal, and its about time a US manufacturer stepped up and did something like this. If I could afford one, hell I'd get one with a smile.

Incidentally...one thing I find even MORE impressive about this is that Intense is a "BIG NAME" brand, meaning its a recognizable name, and a name with history. Usually brands with similar status (Oakley, TLD, Sony, for example) add on the "name tax", so you're paying for the chance to have a name brand to flaunt. Yet with the M9, they aren't seemingly doing that. I wouldn't have been surprised to see the M9 at 3400 or more to be honest, and considering the shock and HS, it wouldn't have been outrageous at all.

Good job.

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
One of the Cane Creek guys was on one at Windrock over the weekend. All their facebook blog says about it is that it was "awesome" though.

Oct 27, 2008
Green made me almost wet my pants, one of the sickest colours I've ever seen. It's just sooo green and a bit of metallic in it too.

Chrome green would be sweet too.

But I think I stick to the raw and black theme on this as on my M6.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
I ask because a friend is really considering one, but not as a strict race bike and I wonder how much weight really was shaved from the bikes and what long-term effects that would have on a bike ridden on the east coast (alot of snowshoe actually)

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
I ask because a friend is really considering one, but not as a strict race bike and I wonder how much weight really was shaved from the bikes and what long-term effects that would have on a bike ridden on the east coast (alot of snowshoe actually)
There's actually a discussion somewhere on this, theres seems to be a misconception about the "FRO" name. They're not built to last 1 race season and be as light as possible at the expense of durability, I'll leave stikman or somebody else to fully clarify(not so sure on specifics)..

Christiaan

Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
Weesp, The Netherlands

Mine just arrived, comes with a Hadley rear axle too, not bad!

The FRO thing has to do with geometry, they are not weaker then normal frame,s it is just marketing for the race geometry. My Medium M9 is heavier then my medium M6 was, if I weighed it correctly today