Quantcast

MA Monkey's riding yet?

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
Any of you Massachusetts monkeys riding any trails yet? It's warm enough, but the trails must be in rough shape. I don't want to ruin any trails but I'm itching to get back on the bike.

Any trails good enough to ride yet?

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Anything down on the Cape is a safe bet. I haven't been out anywhere else yet but I'm betting it's a sloppy mess and will be for the next week or two as things thaw and dry.

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
I just read over at NEMBA that some of the monkeys here rode Otis over the weekend. Kind of difficult for me to go that far at the moment (2 kids under 2). I'll just have to wait I guess. I heard Harold Parker is still pretty bad.

Greggah

Motorboat
Oct 9, 2008
Gonic, NH
I have afew friends who went and rode HP (harold parker) and they said it was doing pretty good. Im hoping to get out there this weekend as long as my fork shows up from Push.

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
As long as the rain coming over the next couple of days doesn't do much damage I'm hoping to get out there on Saturday.

vtjim

Beware of Milo & Otis
Jan 6, 2006
North Andover MA
Talk of a Sunday afternoon ride at Vietnam if you're interested.
Thanks, I would love to go but I'm about an hour from there and It would turn in to an all day thing. My wife is stuck at home with two kids (one an infant) during the week while I work so I try not to bail out on her all day on the weekends.

I'll hook up for some rides later on in the summer though for sure.

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
I rode Sutton Water Works yesterday (and hopefully today if the rain holds off) and it is in good shape. They added almost a mile of new trail to the loop I did. After tonight's ride I will know if they added any more trail to the other loops.

schaus889

Chimp
Jul 21, 2008
NY
Oh I don't know, I live in NY and worked at Jiminy over the winters. Hiked greylock last summer thought it looked like fun to ride down then discovered you could drive to the top. Its gotta be clear by now...not sure if its open.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I am in NY too, I hiked it this winter then skied down. But I am looking forward to the road being opened because I want to bike up it!

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
rode HP today. really nice out there and plenty of people on the trails. with a day like the last 2 have been, i'm kinda surprised there weren't more on the trails.