Quantcast

MA riders invade Case aka The Dave Show

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Four riders from the 'Nam neck of the woods came down Saturday for a Baboon-guided tour of Case Mountain. I managed to not get us lost, which is quite the accomplishment for me. The riders were myself, MtnBikerChk, Quo Fan, BigT, BadDNA, Dirtrider2 (Dave aka Silver Turtle in NEMBA circles), John and Karl.

This ride could have been called The Turtle Show because that boy was hitting everything. Unfortunately I had another crappy picture day. I don't know wtf is going on with that lately.

Here are the non-blurry pics I took...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
John hitting an early drop.

Man, I suck at the pics. Here's Dave on the approach to an eight (?) footer. I think Quo Fan's got a pic of him in the air on this.

This rock's got a little log ride up and a drop on the other side. No problem for Dave.

Dave on a drop...

...but he wasn't happy with it so he did it again.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
This little playground has three ladder drops and a couple of skinnies. Here's Dave on the tallest of the three drops.

John on one of the others.

John attempting a bridge crossing...coming unclipped...

Man down!

MBC goes across the other direction.

It was nice to be able to give a tour for a change instead of always being one who tags along.

Paul, BigT, Karl, BadDNA, sorry but all the other pics I took of you guys came out blurry. :shakefist:

dirtrider2

Chimp
Jan 22, 2006
nam bomber
Thanks for the tour Phil. Y'all were very nice and thanks for putting up with our stupidness.

It was nice seeing Quo again and I had a great time meeting Theresa and Randee a.k.a. MBL 'Mountain Bike Lady' (God, Karl can really stick his foot deep in his mouth sometimes, eh?) He does ride well, though, doesn't he? (Especially for a 93 year-old!)

Next time, we'll bring a muzzle (since shock treatment doesn't seem to be working) and I'd love to see more of that great CT stuff.

Dave

Vos

Chimp
Apr 23, 2006
Thanks for the tour Phil! Case has great trail flow. I look forward to exploring more of it. I guess I am now a part of the crash thread. It looks like Karl is critiquing my fall technique in the picture. Nothing like a helping hand :clapping:

-John

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Expensive weekend for me. Last night, as I was changing the oil in my fork, I noticed that the compression cartridge wouldn't pump up with the new oil. Today, I figured out that my rear master cylinder is leaking. I knew that my front master cylinder needed replacing but I was putting it off because it only needs replacing because the lever pops out.

On to the pics.
Here is Vos, on one of his better landings on this drop

Silver Turtle on the "8 footer"

Silver Turtle in the air again

and again

and again

and again (this time with style)

and again (are we seeing a pattern here?)

and again... no wait. That ain't the Turtle, that's Karl!

Flying Baboon!

Vos launches

Baboon takes to the air again

And Karl flying

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
that place looks fun. how far from Hartford is that?

edit: found it on MTBR. Gonna have to check this out before work some day.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
that place looks fun. how far from Hartford is that?

edit: found it on MTBR. Gonna have to check this out before work some day.
yeah. it's not far... and the morning would be a good time to check it out before the buggies come out... and the big groups of people.

that place was fun.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Damn, I can't freakin' wait. The Scrubbies are moving to the Danbury/Bridgeport area in late July...

I love east coast rooty/rocky/tight/twisty/techy riding.

Jun 12, 2007
Southborough, MA
Thanks for a great ride Phil. These Nam boys are brutal on me......there is definately no respect for their elders.
Funny how they started my ride at age 67 and ended me up at age 98. Of course, none of that is true. :twitch:
As for John's bridge ride....I knew that it was going to end badly. The pic does kind of reflect payback time, eh?

Next visit, I will have a complete wheelset with my DH Michi's.... can't let you guys and gals have all the fun.
Wait..... is it "gals", "chics", "girls" or "ladies"? :poster_oops:

Karl

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Karl/John, nice to see you guys on board here! I'll be happy to give you another tour anytime. :thumb:

I wanna go!!
There is a 2.5 mile climb right out of the parking lot. Still want to ride there? :D (it's gradual, except for the first 1/2 mile)

Paul, that first pic of my on the ladder drop is sweet!

benjaminj

mr. amy
Mar 21, 2007
so. tahoe
It's nice to see that Case Mtn is still as awesome as I remember and not shut down to mtn bikes... that used to be my home turf growing up but I haven't been back riding there in 4 years. Damn, I can feel that sticky humid air and smell the sweet scent of earth and ferns in those photos.

Nice riding everyone, post more pics when you got them...