Quantcast

MAC freaks, lookky here!

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
If restart doesn't do it, DL the latest version OS anyway. I think 10.2.X was flakey, 10.3.6 has been flawless for me so far. I have had similar problems to you with slightly earlier systems...

SoCalsurfer

Barney
Nov 1, 2004
Venice, CA
I didn't try that, but I'll give it a shot!, and as we speak I noticed I can't hit the smilie faces and make the ampear either. The plot thickens....(PISSED OFF FACE)

SoCalsurfer

Barney
Nov 1, 2004
Venice, CA
punkassean said:
If restart doesn't do it, DL the latest version OS anyway. I think 10.2.X was flakey, 10.3.6 has been flawless for me so far. I have had similar problems to you with slightly earlier systems...
But isn't 10.3.6 a brand new system? (i.e Cost money?)

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Mac provides free OS updates as long as you own some version of that OS.

Also try verifying permissions. do you have a CD with some version of OSX on it? You can boot from that and repair permissions. That should fix your problems but you might as well upgrade anyway.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Should probably mention, to verify permisions, go to Mac HD > Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility. In the upper left hand corner, select the Mac HD option and then click verify disk permissions. Then click the first option (actual hard-drive, for example: "74.5GB ST380011A") and then verify that disc as well. You will probably see some errors reported. After verifying, try clicking "repair permissions". Follow the directions bulleted in the window to boot from OSX install disc. Then you can repair the permissions.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
DHS said:
i thought i had to pay for 10.3 upgrade.
you're right. 10.2 to 10.3 isn't free. 10.3.7 is out btw, 10.3-using monkey types. sean's advice about fixing permissions in disk utility is probably your best bet.