Quantcast

Mac question

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
I need to know how to switch back to an older version of OS X (like 10.3.5). I suspect that the latest update (10.3.6) is the source of my enormous headache of the week. People write of doing it all the time, but I don't know how. Do you?

(all my photos printed on an Epson 2200 are surrounded by a bright red, thick border. I don't remember changing anything and I can't find what I might have changed anyway - software update the only known possible culprit)

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
1. are you using photoshop to print?
2. i just tested my 2200 with all the new updates for ya, and it works fine. but i did that $1000 device thingy that maps out your monitor and printer so you're printing EXACTLY what you see. maybe that helped me
3.only way to switch that i know of is to to a CLEAN install of an older version....

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Yes, photoshop to print. I swear I changed nothing. I'm not sure it's the new update as I only encountered this problem this morning and I had downloaded the update awhile back. It's as if 'Background' is checked and a primary red is selected.

I was using ImagePrint to RIP the files before printing, but the guys I work for wanted the dongle back. (I do high end retouching for a living so I'm quite WISYWIGed)

Wish I had an extra 250 gb drive to do a clean install. I'm dying here......

I found this on macfixit.. it's for reverting from 10.3.5 to 10.3.4 but should work the same from .6 to .5

Reverting to Mac OS X 10.3.4

If problems that appear with Mac OS X 10.3.5 update are too severe, and repairing permissions, applying the combo updater, and other suggestions mentioned in this article fail, you may need to revert to Mac OS X 10.3.4.

Your best bet in this scenario is to perform an archive and install process from the Panther CD, and then re-apply the Mac OS X 10.3.4 combo updater.