Quantcast

Mac vs PC vs multi-platform environment ?

Aug 31, 2006
My Mac crashes far more than my WinXP machine.

I had a problem today with a file on my Mac, moved it to my PC, found out my PC doesn't have the fonts, so what the heck, copied the fonts to my PC and what do you know, worked flawlessly. If fonts really are becoming cross-platform, then do we really need both machines?

Do you run a multi-OS office?

I'm so tempted to work almost exclusively on my WinXP :(

Kihaji

Norman Einstein
Jan 18, 2004
I'd get the Mac's hardware checked. It's been my experience that the only time a Mac crashes is when somthing is dead or dying.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I guess you'll have to hand over the keys to your VW, pour that cup of Starbucks down the drain, cancel your line of credit at the GAP, and cut your own hair with a flowbee. You're too mainstream for any of that if you're willing to give up your Mac.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Do you run a multi-OS office?

I'm so tempted to work almost exclusively on my WinXP :(
Yes, I worked in a multi-OS office. Typically no problems, except if you got into advanced Excel files that wouldn't necessarily execute or have perfect layouts cross-platform - examples of that were few and far between, though, even with the number of advanced Excel files we worked with. Everything else worked fine.

Most software is available for either platform. Why not work on XP if it works better for you?