Quantcast

Macbook Air

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Here is a good link to a quick article about the Air Click . The point being, the 12' power book was smaller, tough not slimer. But it still sported an optical drive and changeable harddrive+ram slots.

Ah well, I could see the relevance of the Air in maybe 3 to 4 years; it's a bold move by Apple

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
I have a 12 inch powerbook. It's fine but 12 inches is a small screen. The 13.3 inch screen is a significant upgrade. Funny that the guy who wrote that article doesn't get that.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
I have a 12 inch powerbook. It's fine but 12 inches is a small screen. The 13.3 inch screen is a significant upgrade. Funny that the guy who wrote that article doesn't get that.
But which one would you say is the more portable?? Considering the fact that in the 12 PB, you can easily swap batteries. The screen thing is a good point. I had a 12" iBook before, and, even if it's a bit bigger, I love the 13.3 screen on my MacBook. Screen real estate is always nice, as long as it does not sacrifice the portability factor too much.

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
But which one would you say is the more portable?? Considering the fact that in the 12 PB, you can easily swap batteries. The screen thing is a good point. I had a 12" iBook before, and, even if it's a bit bigger, I love the 13.3 screen on my MacBook. Screen real estate is always nice, as long as it does not sacrifice the portability factor too much.
I'm not sure that there ever was 12 inch Macbook. Yours was probably 13 inches, so if you haven't actually worked on a 12 inch - its small.

I'd say portability has to do with overall mass an weight, not just dimensions of the screen.

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
I'm not sure that there ever was 12 inch Macbook. Yours was probably 13 inches, so if you haven't actually worked on a 12 inch - its small.

I'd say portability has to do with overall mass an weight, not just dimensions of the screen.
Exactly, you are right. I meant a 12' iBook, not Mac Book. Back a year or two ago, you could buy a 12 inch iBook.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
from yesterday's globe:
"Macintosh people think of Macintosh as an extension of themselves - they believe Macintosh makes them more creative and productive. It's a little bit of self-love," said Guy Kawasaki, a venture capitalist and former Apple evangelist. "Macintosh makes me a better person, and I love myself."
:rofl:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
more importantly, when did rm get u2b tags?
I put 'em in the other day along with the thread to quiet the complaints about YouTube threads.

I didn't realize the custom tag function was so flexible. Strikeout tags are next when I get a minute to locate the appropriate button graphic.