Quantcast

Mack The Knife Goes In Today

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
You got shorted?

Seems they are doing general for most everything these days (for most people). While colonoscopy wasn't "general" in terms of delivered by gas, it was IV shit that makes new memories impossible and you don't remember a thing. Other shit I've had recently was general 100%. I really don't want to know what's going on anyway.
I had 4 wisdom teeth removed in April at age 50 and just had gas and local. It was *much* less expensive than a general...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I had 4 wisdom teeth removed in April at age 50 and just had gas and local. It was *much* less expensive than a general...
When I was in the Army, if your records were local at the "dentist" you got a local and had two removed at a time, had to go back for two trips of course. Misery. If your records were at the hospital, you got general and all 4 at once. I was attempting to do a flight physical at the same time, so my records were at the hospital for review. What's more, my friend's sexy wife was threatening to paint my toenails while I was "under". I walked out of there on my own power, but I don't remember doing so. My first experience with those kinds of drugs. It was WAY better though to get that all done in one shot and be "under" for the whole thing...From everything I heard, the "local" stuff wasn't really always local and it wasn't always totally effective. Seemed to remember something similar from dental procedures in the past.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I've noticed that I remember "more things" now up until I "go under".

The last time, getting knee surgery, when the anesthesiologist said "here, breath this, it's 100% oxygen", I said, proudly, "I'm not falling for that one again!".

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
i've never had surgery.

never been under.

root canals were numbed...

You got general for a vasectomy?!

They just gave me a local and I smelled/watched the soldering iron burning my innerjunk shut.
Also...
You got shorted?

Seems they are doing general for most everything these days (for most people). While colonoscopy wasn't "general" in terms of delivered by gas, it was IV shit that makes new memories impossible and you don't remember a thing. Other shit I've had recently was general 100%. I really don't want to know what's going on anyway.
Last colonoscopy I told them no sedatives. I wanted to be able to drive myself home.

@SkaredShtles, none of that crap is real nice. It fucks you up.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
You got general for a vasectomy?!

They just gave me a local and I smelled/watched the soldering iron burning my innerjunk shut.
Nah, more a heavy handed conscious sedation. 4mg morphine, 4mg versed. I don't remember a damn thing. It was great!

Similar with the repair of my right thumb UCL two years back - a couple mg of morphine and a bit of propofol. No memory at all. We use tons of propo at work, but this was my first time having it. A fan for sure!

They need an anesthesiologist of some sort for that though, if you're not getting intubated.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Nah, more a heavy handed conscious sedation. 4mg morphine, 4mg versed. I don't remember a damn thing. It was great!

Similar with the repair of my right thumb UCL two years back - a couple mg of morphine and a bit of propofol. No memory at all. We use tons of propo at work, but this was my first time having it. A fan for sure!

They need an anesthesiologist of some sort for that though, if you're not getting intubated.
For my thumb repair it was some sort of nerve block and I was conscious while the surgeon did his thing.

They wouldn't let me watch :(