Quantcast

Mack The Knife Goes In Today

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Mornin’, gents, getting shoulder surgery at 6:00 am or so this morning, so posting now.
Going in on a high note, took the puppy for a 7 mile mt. Bike ride (latest ever known on dry dirt this late).
Speaking of Golden oldies, went to a private fundraiser/party at the Mangy Moose, Spin Doctors was the band. They definitely had some catchy tunes!
Hope you all have a fabulous day.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Make sure to double up on your daily dose of Metamucil, those painkillers really clog your up. Try not to crush and snort them up.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Make sure to double up on your daily dose of Metamucil, those painkillers really clog your up. Try not to crush and snort them up.
Better yet, have someone bring you a basket of fresh strawberries, cherries and apricots (or something similar). There's nothing like real food to sustain the body and get things moving.

At least that was my experience. After 5 days of hospital food, and laxatives 3x/day nothing was moving. My mom ordered a fruit basket from the local farmers market (the farmer delivered it himself). I ate two pints of strawberries in one sitting. It was glorious, I cried. No joke. And then I took a massive dump. It was glorious too!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I guess we're calling this the GMT.

Managed to eat some dinner and slept 10hrs last night. Wifey called it out that I was probably having an anxiety attack of epic proportions, and I think she's right. Back to a normal day. Thankfully.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Met with the lawyer yesterday to help solidify this real estate deal. Kinda weird that Mass requires the buyer and seller to have an agent, but I now see how it's beneficial.

Otherwise, twas the last day of hunting, but no success. Got within 40 yards, but no clear shot and they boogied before I could stalk closer.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Better yet, have someone bring you a basket of fresh strawberries, cherries and apricots (or something similar). There's nothing like real food to sustain the body and get things moving.

At least that was my experience. After 5 days of hospital food, and laxatives 3x/day nothing was moving. My mom ordered a fruit basket from the local farmers market (the farmer delivered it himself). I ate two pints of strawberries in one sitting. It was glorious, I cried. No joke. And then I took a massive dump. It was glorious too!
Crush up the painkillers and sprinkle them on the fresh strawberries. Win win.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
:wave:

Met with the lawyer yesterday to help solidify this real estate deal. Kinda weird that Mass requires the buyer and seller to have an agent, but I now see how it's beneficial.

Otherwise, twas the last day of hunting, but no success. Got within 40 yards, but no clear shot and they boogied before I could stalk closer.
I had a deer in my yard that I could have hugged the other day. I'm a way better hunter than you.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Slept fitfully last night.

One dream involved riding as a passenger in a big airport shuttle type van, headed toward a secret bike trail accessible somehow via an abandoned overgrown warehouse’s 3rd floor, the directions to which I was relying on notes from @6thElement and the Missus.

Anyway, while driving across a town in this van there was a speed bump of logs constructed like a steeplechase jump. The van near flipped over on its nose when hitting it.

/coolstorybro

F36F81C0-19BD-483A-A422-A373178C0EBD.jpeg

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Post surgery it always bothers me that I already have my clothes on when I become fully aware.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Walked downstairs into my office and... Instant anxiety. No aspect of this job should ever make me anxious. Ever. This sale is fractional compared to the size of stuff I was doing at Bloomberg and JPM. But maybe because it's a sale and I haven't done true sales in a decade is what's getting me.

I can't wait until next Wednesday when this is over. Shit, I might start drinking again before then.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Asparagus

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
the last thing this place needs, no, last thing this PLANET needs, is a stoned @stoney. Jesus, the carnage ...
as long as he doesn’t hop on a mountain bike while stoned

oh wait, that’s not a thing to worry about since he never rides these days anyway, carry on

:D

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
Got a Xmas bonus this morning.

Haven't been drinking coffee, started drinking beer again.

Hope to get some free time so I can build a pair of wheels for my new bike.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
yet another day of high blood pressure at work because the ppl I work with are idiots of the highest caliber,
i am supposed to be the idiot at work

B000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000RK

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
yet another day of high blood pressure at work because the ppl I work with are idiots of the highest caliber,
i am supposed to be the idiot at work

B000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000RK

Step up your game. Have you considered watching Fox News?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Well here's an novel change of events. Just had a 1-1 with the woman in charge of these sales finals. We're making some changes about our process so that I don't have a breakdown, right? We spent some time this morning going through how I thought things should be changed to make them flow fit better with me and my role. The way my role (there's a whole bunch of us nationally) fits in, since we are a selling point, and how I felt that we needed to adjust for that. About halfway through she asked me to stop talking so that she could take notes, since this flow made way more sense and took the sales pitch off us, while allowing us to be highlighted. "Wow. That would resolve a lot of the issues we've had and push back we've received on our presentations". [Face palm]

Anybody with eyes can see we have the best software and interface. They need to change the focus to how our advisors use that to be better than anybody else for their employees. This final is going to be proof of concept, but we're probably going to change how we do these now. Thanks for the breakdown guys; glad I could help!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Well here's an novel change of events. Just had a 1-1 with the woman in charge of these sales finals. We're making some changes about our process so that I don't have a breakdown, right? We spent some time this morning going through how I thought things should be changed to make them flow fit better with me and my role. The way my role (there's a whole bunch of us nationally) fits in, since we are a selling point, and how I felt that we needed to adjust for that. About halfway through she asked me to stop talking so that she could take notes, since this flow made way more sense and took the sales pitch off us, while allowing us to be highlighted. "Wow. That would resolve a lot of the issues we've had and push back we've received on our presentations". [Face palm]

Anybody with eyes can see we have the best software and interface. They need to change the focus to how our advisors use that to be better than anybody else for their employees. This final is going to be proof of concept, but we're probably going to change how we do these now. Thanks for the breakdown guys; glad I could help!
bunniesweed.jpg