Quantcast

MacMonkeys: Tough Question - Video Conversion...

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Okay, here's the sitch:

I've bought and downloaded a bunch of tv shows from Apple iTunes and have already watched them once or twice.

Their format is *.m4v

This is a protected format. What I wanted to do was just burn them to DVD so I could watch them a second time on my nice big TV.

So far, nope.

I'll have to convert them to a different format, i suppose to get them onto a DVD that can be read by a standard Region 1 dvd player.

Any ideas?

I have:
Toast Titanium 7 [full]
DVD Studio Pro 3 [full]
iDVD
some other stuff...

?

:cheers:

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
It might be worth trying to burn it straight from iTunes. I haven't done it myself, but you can burn regular CDs from DRM protected files, it might make sense to assume that you can do the same with DVDs. Just a thought.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
It might be worth trying to burn it straight from iTunes. I haven't done it myself, but you can burn regular CDs from DRM protected files, it might make sense to assume that you can do the same with DVDs. Just a thought.
iTunes [unhacked] will only burn Audio CD's, MP3 Mixed Audio CD's and Data DVD's - which, to my understanding, only play in computers anyway.

I think I'm stuck with trying to figure out how to crack the protection on the m4v files.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
no, i'm still working on G4's and G5's... no budget to replace sub-1-year-old machines for stuff like this...

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Hey, my Mac Mini 1.5 G4 gives me no complaints, but then, I'm just Photoshop CS1 and some audio stuff. For the big-assed video i'm on a dual G5 2.5...

I seldom do windows for anything anymore...