Quantcast

MacNeil Deuce Deuce???

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
Hey all...
I'm 6'1, 190 lbs, 25 yo, and want to start riding some bmx to hone my handling skills for techy stuff. I've heard good things about the MacNeil Deuce Deuce, due to its longer top tube, but I'm not sure I want to spend quite that much for a bike I won't use that often.

Anyone have any time on this frame? Any suggestions for a longer/bigger bmx frame that might be better suited for a taller rider coming from slalom bikes?

Thanks for your input.

LeRoy

Monkey
Apr 11, 2002
Wellington - NZ
Though I do not have a BMX background, I think the Deuce Deuce might be too big for you. I have been looking in to larger BMX bikes myself, as it is something I am dying to take up and even at 6'3 I have many people reccomending that I just get somethig with a 21" TT and run a long stem. I would like some room on the bike though and I am still very tempted to get on the Deuce Deuce. Let me know what info you find or advice that you are given.

Good luck.

HTFR

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Chelsea, Quebek
sam_little said:
Hey all...
I'm 6'1, 190 lbs, 25 yo, and want to start riding some bmx to hone my handling skills for techy stuff. I've heard good things about the MacNeil Deuce Deuce, due to its longer top tube, but I'm not sure I want to spend quite that much for a bike I won't use that often.

Anyone have any time on this frame? Any suggestions for a longer/bigger bmx frame that might be better suited for a taller rider coming from slalom bikes?

Thanks for your input.
get something with a 21 inch TT, that should fit you well.

Hucknificent

Chimp
Mar 24, 2005
Just ride different lengths and see what you like! To each his own! (I am 5'10 and I ride a 21'') A longer bike will be more stable and a shorter one will be eaisier to manuever but more sketchy at first! Just try em' out and go from there! Good Luck!

sam_little

Monkey
May 18, 2003
Portland, OR
Thanks for all the responses. I've ended up with an EBCO ELF thanks to Zane, which is 21.125, I think. Anyway, I'll let you all know how it works out once I get some time on it. Cheers.

HTFR

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Chelsea, Quebek
http://www.empirebmx.com/catalog/showdetail2.aspx?id=1013802&ret=catalog.aspx
http://www.empirebmx.com/catalog/showdetail2.aspx?id=1047500&ret=catalog.aspx
http://www.empirebmx.com/catalog/showdetail2.aspx?id=1059050&ret=catalog.aspx

i like those choice myself, not superheavy, middle range price, i like the geometry of the three, but that prolly becauce they are bassically the same as my bike. im 6'1" aswell

EDIT: errr, oops did see that you already bought something. cool, that looks like a killer frame

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
Macneil Deuce Deuce 22"tt with 9" rise Solid Roseanne Bars.

Might look strange from certain angles, but it feels rad. When you make a bike an inch longer and you have to lean out forward more, so bringing the bars up brings the proportion back....

The rear wheel is at 15.25" cs, and the ground to center of handlebars in the area of the brake lever is 36 3/4" with integrated headset, appropriate gyro spacing and low-ish front loader stem.

I think I'd like to see the Faction Zeitgeist with a 22" instead of a 21.5" (a 22" X 22" ! ) but I need to ride one first. I am real tempted to clear out a few of my older bikes and buy one.

sixgun_sound

Monkey
Sep 24, 2007
Yakima, WA
I just sold my Deuce Duece. It was set up like yours... a long stem and Fit Sky High bars. It was fun to ride street on, but the little tiny wheels just felt so wierd on anything else. I could bunnyhop it like nobody's business becuase the rear tire wasn't hitting me in the ass... but I sold to to buy a new fork for my 26.