Quantcast

MacNeil post/seat combo

Jmight..

Chimp
Jun 6, 2005
NC
Has anyone tried out the MacNeil stuff yet? I'm trying to get my street bike up and running again and I don't want to run a thompson set up so I thought I'd try a 30.9 post and a capitol seat out.

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Jmight.. said:
Has anyone tried out the MacNeil stuff yet? I'm trying to get my street bike up and running again and I don't want to run a thompson set up so I thought I'd try a 30.9 post and a capitol seat out.
Awesome stuff. Had mine since they came out. Very light. Haven't had many bad crashes or hard landings, so haven't really tested out the durability yet. Even the capital seat (their biggest one) is fairly small, so keep that in mind if you want something more normal sized. Way cheaper than a Thompson post + race seat, and more comfy and about the same weight. Two thumbs up!

J

J5ive

I found it was too small. And that was the biggest seat. I also found that their was very little give in the seat and as such was bloody hard on my arse.

A mate has also bent the **** out of one.

WTB or SDG for me.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I went through the same delima, and decided to get a Mosh digital seat instead. Its comfy, its a good size, and super light.

I like the Macneil concept, but I don't like any of the seats. The one in the middle is probably the best, I'm not a huge fan of the biggest one. All of them are too small for my likings.

If they come out with a different style seat, I may give it a go.

good luck.

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
I have it in 27.2 size, the 25.4 seatpost is short the rest of them are XC long...I like Bulldog have the capital seat and it is small and firm not the most comfortable seat in the world but it is on my bike where I stand 90% of the time..

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
the capital sucks. it's got edges in the padding it's weird, the OG is great if you beat the piss out of your seat and chronically tear the cover from the base. the smallness is definitely in effect with macneil though. i'm going to get an SL in 27.2

Jmight..

Chimp
Jun 6, 2005
NC
hmm It doesn't look the Capitol seat is that much (if any) samller then the stock seat that comes on the P.1 but I don't spend that much time in the saddle so its ok. I'm gonna try to find some width/legth on then and if it really is that small i'll just get the SL

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
the SL isn't exactly big. if you are rough on seats i would suggest either the Capital or OG regardless as the SL has been known to break off at the nose.