Quantcast

MacNeil Seatpost

Grimey

Monkey
Aug 21, 2003
cali
The combo seat post thing? Is it any good? Better than say an Oddessy post and whatever primo seat I have laying around.

freerider215

Chimp
Jul 27, 2003
Yeah that's a good question. I can see it being a lighter set-up, but i can't see it being as strong. I would say save your money.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I know a couple of people with these seats and they seem pretty good to me.

if you want to save weight and don't sit on your seat alot, it's a fine seat. everyone I know with one runs their seat pretty low.

I will probably own one one day. I say if you have a post and seat, use it. if you want to save some weight and have some money to spend, get it. it's not a bad deal.

my biggest complaint is the lack of adjustability. I wouldn't be suprised if they make some changes in the next year or so in that dept. currently you can't move it forward or backwards. only tilt it and move it up and down in the frame.

if your really really hard on your seat and post, use something else. (i've never seen one break, just seems other stuff is pretty damm strong) but I don't think these things are too bad and I bet you see alot more seats just like it from other companys soon.
I think macneil did good with this thing.

Grimey

Monkey
Aug 21, 2003
cali
i need a post, not a seat. I noticed not being able to slide it forward and back - that might be a deal breaker.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
it's a seat/post combo. you need to run their seat AND their post.