Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Boring.

Her schtick got old 15 years ago. It's always the same ol same ol... Look at me! I am controversial because I am talking about sex and religion!

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Madonna really is riding this thing way too much. It's basically a nastalgia act at this point. Aside from that, any artist that is reserving %30 or more of their tickets (of course that %30 is the allotment of prime seats per venue) so that they can auction them off on Ebay and basically scalp their own fans deserves to shrivel up and fade away. Too bad many of the fans actually will allow themselves to be taken advantage of in this way. Hey Madonna, didn't these fans make you who you are? Great way to screw them all over!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
here's the rub though...what are the chances of you actually getting those prime seats via ticketbastard, either calling in or on-line?

probably not that good.

so if you *really* want to go, what do you do? go to a scalper.

at least this way, the act cuts out the middle man, and the market will set the price via demand.

edit - this is reason #24,234,537 to avoid big venue concerts.

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
True, I just feel both this action AND scalping should be illegal. One fair price, first come first serve, period. This is why I'm glad I don't get into musicians with so much fluffed hype like her.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
mud'n'sweat said:
True, I just feel both this action AND scalping should be illegal. One fair price, first come first serve, period. This is why I'm glad I don't get into musicians with so much fluffed hype like her.
Wait, when did Madonna become a musician?!

I agree that tix should be one fair price, first come first served. Long gone are the days of camping out overnight for tickets.