Quantcast

Madonna to RR HOF?

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Madonna is going to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Another reason not to go. If it was the BimbopayattentiontomecuzIhaveDaddyissuesandneedyoutoseemytwat Hall of Fame, she is a shoe in. But to call her music rock is like calling Usama bin Laden a great humanitarian.

C'mon...

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
It's the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, not the cheesy Pop Music Hall of Fame. Who's next Britney Spears? :twitch:

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
I thought this thread was about Madonna & "The Hoff"

Now I think about it...why did I click on this?

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
i know i'll never go to that place. besides the fact that they're letting in non-rock acts, it's in Cleveland!!! F'ing Cleveland!!!! wow, nothing says rock and roll like...... Cleveland. it's sad who they've put into this place, f'ing Michael Jackson!! you gotta be s***ing me!! there are more R&B singers in there then there should be. all those Motown people need to be removed.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
that's not racist by any means. it's got nothing to do with color you moron. it's music style, nothing more. i don't see AC/DC being inducted into the Motown museum or their hall of fame.

Calm down chief, internet sarcasm must not be your strongsuit. I just love using that .gif whenever possible.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
it's sad who they've put into this place, f'ing Michael Jackson!! you gotta be s***ing me!!
Arguably the biggest selling artist ever who recorded the biggest selling album ever, which includes a rock song.

RR HOF material if you ask me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thriller_(album)

Thriller is the sixth solo album by American pop singer Michael Jackson, released on November 30, 1982 on Epic Records and the second of his three albums with producer Quincy Jones. Thriller is the best selling album of all time, though sales figures for the album vary between different sources who have cited the album as selling between 45 million copies worldwide[3] to 104 million copies[4][5][6][7][8][9]. The BBC claim that the Guinness Book of World Records lists it as 65 million copies sold as of 2007[10] (note that sales of Thriller 25 will be added to American sales.[11][12] ) and made Jackson's fame global. In 2007, NARM/The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ranked Thriller third on their "Definitive 200" albums list.[13]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beat_It

"Beat It" won Jackson two Grammy Awards for Record of the Year and Best Male Rock Vocal Performance. It was also nominated for Song of the Year along with Jackson's "Billie Jean". Rolling Stone ranked it #337 on their list of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time. "Beat It" is also notable for its guitar solo, a guest performance by Eddie Van Halen.
With Thriller, Jackson and Jones would attempt at once to hone, embellish, and surpass this feat. One of their ambitions was to include a rock song on the new album. They took partial inspiration from another chart-topping rock song by The Knack. According to Jones, "I said at the time, 'I need a song like "My Sharona"... A black version of a strong rock and roll thing, with the power of everything else he [wrote].' And [Jackson] hit it right on the head."

maddog17

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2008
Methuen, Mass. U.S.A.
Calm down chief, internet sarcasm must not be your strongsuit. I just love using that .gif whenever possible.

ok, sarcasm is a strong suit, i guess i was in the wrong frame of mind. with things so PC now a days, you just never know.

and FVCK Jackson and that stupid song Beat It. he beats it alright!! too bad young boys needed to be in the equation. i STILL haven't forgiven EVH for doing that song.