Quantcast

magazines

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
If you have to pick one, DirtRag. For the most part though, they are all garbage. Either too many Shimano ads, or full of opinions, none of which are mine :eviltongu

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
wow, totally forgot about dirt rag. i just picked one up for the first time last week and it was pretty good. my favorite part about the whole mag was that the bike reviews were completely honest and didnt talk only about the positives of a bike.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Decline is it right now for gravity/DJ riding.

Mountain Bike Action and Mounatin Biking are a complete joke! The worst thing about MBA is that they criticize riders for making illegal trails, and then they send their "so called" test riders out to local spots, which are pirate trails, to test FR and DH bikes.

As for Mountain Biking, well I think that speaks for itself. I grabbed one from the shelf at a local bike shop, and had to wonder: Is anyone actually buying this magazine? It was really thin, it seemed like only had 60 pages. Not to mention that the coverage was just terrible...

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
looking for a new magazine tor ead so decided to bring back this thread for some answers, i am between decline and mountain bike action. keep in mine that i want to read things that will kepp me updated with the newest gear, and have info about races and the racers opinions. lets just say new news

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Honestly, I don't really like any MTB mag out there right now. The best is probably Decline because of the format, photos and DH/FR content, but the writing is ummmm...leaves something to be desired. The pictures are pretty, but the articles are filler.

Dirt Rag is decent, I guess.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Decline is nice.. very into dh/fr and huge color pics
I have a subscription to a lot of mags.. my wifes union (teachers)gets they really really cheap. My favorite has to be Dirtrag. Bike is awesome for there pictures and most of there content and I find Bicycling the best for imformative stuff

MOTODH

Turbo Monkey
Mar 28, 2005
CT
Dirt for DH race coverage and Decline so i can find out how to be hip each month;) no decline is cool and has some good articles just wish PING wrote for them-People who read racerx will know