Quantcast

magura suspension???

HTFR

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Chelsea, Quebek
it seems like they are taking a stab at dampers. i havent heard very much about them. the thor looks like it could be a very good with 4-6 inches of travle on 11/8 or 1.5 at 2600grams(5.72lbs). how do these forks preform? durability? stiffness? has anyone ridden them? i'm just looking for some info.

Zaskar Rider

Monkey
May 29, 2002
PNW
I briefly played with the smaller fork, the ronin I think it's called. they have some nice machining work done on them and are pretty good looking forks overall. That said the one I saw didn't feel very good but the whole bike was in poor shape and it probably needed a rebuild. I think magura is starting to push their suspension line in the US this year so hopefully we'll see more of them on the trails. I'd definately be interested in trying the 6" single crown they have. The high and low speed compression damping on that fork looks interesting.

Incubus

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
Boston, MA
I don't think that the Thors have been officially released yet. From what I remember is it should be soon though.

THeir mSRP is $1k me thinks... mmmmmm.... carbon.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Is thar carbon< HOHOHO, dady like. that thing is sure to draw some attention, BIKE THEIF ATENTION too. but a very nice fork.