Quantcast

mahem in the mountains

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
It was a good time, eventhough I couldn't ride. I got loooots of pictures, so if you hit the rock drop under the lift, I probably have a picture of you, I'm gonna go through them in the next few days, and figure out how i'm gonna distribute them.

super95awd

Chimp
May 17, 2004
Morgantown, WV
Ahh such a sick weekend, and the first weekend on the new 05 V10 frame. Only got in 2 practice runs cause we were late on Saturday. I got to my race run and completely washed out in the first hard turn diving back into the woods and lost my shoe. Jumped back on, pinned it and ended up coming in 2nd in Junior Sport. Later on, a kid got moved up from the 12-15 age category even though he was 15 and knocked me to 3rd, but my 3rd place prize was better anyways. :) Thanks to everybody that pitched in to make it a great weekend. My plate number was 1547 on a black V10. If you have a pic of me that would be great.

DHZombie

Chimp
Jul 12, 2005
Leesburg, VA
BigMike said:
It was a good time, eventhough I couldn't ride. I got loooots of pictures, so if you hit the rock drop under the lift, I probably have a picture of you, I'm gonna go through them in the next few days, and figure out how i'm gonna distribute them.

Thanks so VERY MUCH for helping out this weekend at Snowshoe and taking pics !!

Busted knees SUCK !!!!

It was a pleasure to meet and talk with you over your fried cheese sticks (Homer Simpson say...."MMMMMMMMMM, fried cheese sticks.) :drool: . I hope the knee gets better soon.

If you have a chance, could you look over your pics and see if you have a photo of #1406 (aka.. Stymie the Seatless Wonder) ? It would be a hoot to see just how terrified I looked after having to ride the lower 3rd of the course without a seat. :nuts:

Oh well, still had a respectable time anyway and a GREAT TIME at the MACS finals.

Props to the Racer's Edge and Snowshoe staff for putting on ONE HELL OF A RACE !!!!

I still wonder what Joel is going to do with that snowboard ????????

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
BigMike said:
Dude, I saw you standing by the hip jump on the open road so I booted it. But you didn't take a picture. :(

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I went through some of the pics last night, and i'm renaming all the files with the rider numbers..... So gimme a day or two, and i'll start a new post about pics.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
snowshoe was amazing this weekend, i didnt race...just got down there on saturday night and camped in silvercreek. We rode yesterday from lift open to lift close, so fun. All of the lines were so fast and flowy it was just total bliss. On a bad note i think i broke my hand on "H"...I went off some big rock and come down with a fist full of tree. ouch...

sweetdreams was unreal yesterday too :thumb:

Now if they could work on getting powerline to the top of the mountain :think:

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
manhattanprjkt83 said:
snowshoe was amazing this weekend, i didnt race...just got down there on saturday night and camped in silvercreek. We rode yesterday from lift open to lift close, so fun. All of the lines were so fast and flowy it was just total bliss. On a bad note i think i broke my hand on "H"...I went off some big rock and come down with a fist full of tree. ouch...

sweetdreams was unreal yesterday too :thumb:

Now if they could work on getting powerline to the top of the mountain :think:

I swear i think I'm gonna cry...... :( :(

I would love to ride Sweet dreams when its not a mud slide, it would be SO much fun...

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
Yeah, the whole weekend was really fun. The course was excellent. I wish I had ridden it more.

Well done, Racer's Edge! And thanks for the goggles and hat! I actually really needed both. :)

I even got home well before midnight, and that was a real treat!

oldskoolbiker

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Alexandria, VA
I had a great time this weekend, except I think I could probably win the award for most injured rider.

Between practice sessions we were up at the Drop Park, I was trying to get a good picture set of me coming off the 4th pier. Well for various reasons my buddy couldn't figure out my camera, and I jumped off 4 times with no picture. Maybe I was getting frustrated at him or something, or thinking more about the picture than riding, anyway on the 5th attempt to get a picture I wrecked big time. basicaly I forgot to pull up and landed really nose heavy and flipped and landed hard on my back. My hard chest/back protector saved most of my skin, but I got alot of scratches and bruises where that wasn't covering. Also after the wreck I had a really sore rib.

Well I decided to race anyway so I kept practicing and riding although I was in alot of pain. During the race I wrecked again in the rock garden. I quickly hopped back on the bike and immately wrecked again because I didn't realize my wheel was pointed left because my stem moved. Well it took me about 1 1/2 minutes to get the stem straightened out. At that point I knew I was done so I just slowly cruised down the mountain. I went around the rock drop on my race run, so I doubt BigMike took my picture. All that for a dead last time of 8:00 minutes.

I was in such pain that I went to the Doctor today and he said I most likely broke a rib, but I would need X-rays to confirm it. However he said X-rays would only be academic since there is nothing I can do for a broken rib except to let it heal.

I'll probably be taking it easy until all this heals up, so I doubt you'll see me up at Reading.

If anybody remembers seeing me, I was the one wearing the oldskool blue TL Comp Edge helment riding a polished Yeti ASX.

I figured I better post my excuse before my friends started blasting me on here for my poor race performance.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Sorry to hear about your injuries man, ribs suck, I've been there. Just don't laugh, cough, and oh yeah, breathe, and you'll not feel the pain.

Although, I don't think you are the most injured of the weekend, Adam (drt_jmper) Really screwed up his knee. If any of you on here know Adam, and weren't there to see what happened to him, you might wanna give him a call to see how he's doing. He's a cool guy, hate to see him hurt.

I hate to see anyone hurt, so all you hurt :monkey:'s out there, heal up quick!

Does anyone konw what happened to the guy who got up on the podium with a sling?

Apr 9, 2004
Mount Carmel,PA
We had a great time. It was a great way to end a series. It is a shame that a lot of good friends won't be seen again till next season. My brother rocked it hard for the last time on his hard tail, so you guys in the 40+ sport class better look out he is fully shopping as we speak. The gromm finished out the year pretty good as well. I didnt get to make my race run. in my last practice run I took a pretty good fall right at the finish line. one of those quick slam you to the ground falls. when I hit my shoulder popped out, as luck would have it the bike flew aroung and hit me in the back and knocked it back in. I am still really hurting, but happy. Had a real funny too. while rolling a drop I should have jumped, (I was line hunting) I got my shorts stuck in the back tire, and they got pulled completely down. there i am standing bare assed in the middle of the trail, dont know what the guy thet passed me must have been thinking but he could have at least put a buck in my pants!! hope to see some of you at the reading race. othere wise see you next season, I will show up either faster or fatter, either way , it's all good!!!

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
Hey I wasn't going to say anything either, but I'm sure at the next race or ride I'll have cooked up some pretty good lines to bark at you as you send it off a rock or something. ;)

I'm still trying to work out the physics of how I got my man-bits caught between my seat and the rocker arm of my Stinky on that retardedly small drop.

I think what I lacked in catastrophic injuries I fully made up for in quanity and comedy of stacks. I blame it all on my body armor which was riding up on me like an ill-fitting tube top! And solar radiation! Damn sun.

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
If I remember correctly the guy who spun out 3' from the finish line was a husky kid who got all pissed off and spiked his bike like a football in the endzone after he Fred-Flinstoned it across the line.

So no, that's not broken clavical guy I would imagine.

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
HotButterToppin said:
If I remember correctly the guy who spun out 3' from the finish line was a husky kid who got all pissed off and spiked his bike like a football in the endzone after he Fred-Flinstoned it across the line.
Hehehe...Sounds like Jordan.

Anyone want to buy a spiked Ellsworth Dare?

Mike

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
Well news on my knee is most likely I completely ripped my MCL away from the bone on my knee and also ripped/tore the crap out of my ACL. I go in monday for an MRI to confirm this. So I will be out for a long while. Thanks to Mike for not letting my finish my run, he def. saved my knee from more damage. Anyway thanks to everyone who was there and made me feel better about it. Ok enough mushy crap. Later Adam

super95awd

Chimp
May 17, 2004
Morgantown, WV
bballboy: Thanks man, I was happy about that. I was also happy about my 2nd place finish (turned into 3rd after some kid got bumped up in age class somehow) on a brand new frame WITH a crash and lost shoe :dancing:.

Adam: Really sorry to hear about that man. You'll be back on the bike sooner than you know.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
drt_jumper said:
Well news on my knee is most likely I completely ripped my MCL away from the bone on my knee and also ripped/tore the crap out of my ACL. I go in monday for an MRI to confirm this. So I will be out for a long while. Thanks to Mike for not letting my finish my run, he def. saved my knee from more damage. Anyway thanks to everyone who was there and made me feel better about it. Ok enough mushy crap. Later Adam
Damn dude, good vibes and prayers your way. Sandy's a PT and has been one for 20 years, and also teaches it for MCV on the "job", kinda like an intern basis. So if you have any questions, or anything you may not understand, call, PM, e-mail or anyway you want and she'd be more then happy to help you in whatever way you need!

Heal up bro! :thumb:

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
HotButterToppin said:

So no, that's not broken clavical guy I would imagine.
i am the guy who wrecked 5' from the finish line. i was quite indeed upset about that, subconciously causing me to more or less 'ghost-ride' my bike, i wouldn't really call it a 'spike'. totally different things.

you'd be upset if you slid out within sight of the finish line too, i'm sure. it all turned out OK because i ended up getting 2nd place in Expert 19-29 with a 4:29.

thanks Racers Edge! hope everyone else had an awesome weekend too!

May 24, 2005
Baltimore
Ah, you're the other guy who sent his bike rolling towards the spot-o-pots.

I was referring to some other guy who spiked his bike down on it's side. But yours would have been hilarious if it hit the spot-o-pots while someone was in there. Hehe.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
HotButterToppin said:
Ah, you're the other guy who sent his bike rolling towards the spot-o-pots.

I was referring to some other guy who spiked his bike down on it's side. But yours would have been hilarious if it hit the spot-o-pots while someone was in there. Hehe.

still got the wrong person. i ghost rode my bike towards the lift in the opposite direction of the porta-potties. it stayed up for a while then fell to the ground on it's side, which sounds like what you're trying to describe.

i guess everyone would have done about the same thing crashing that close to the damn finish line!! :mumble:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
AlmostHeaven said:
i am the guy who wrecked 5' from the finish line. i was quite indeed upset about that, subconciously causing me to more or less 'ghost-ride' my bike, i wouldn't really call it a 'spike'. totally different things.

you'd be upset if you slid out within sight of the finish line too, i'm sure. it all turned out OK because i ended up getting 2nd place in Expert 19-29 with a 4:29.

thanks Racers Edge! hope everyone else had an awesome weekend too!
your poofy hair threw you off balance... :cool:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Brunettes said:
Anyone get/putting together a video?
I took some video, but i'm so lazy that I didnt go out to my truck saturday night to get and charge my battery, so I don't have much footage :( I only made it about a 1/3 way down the course during Sunday morning practice before it died

Oh well, there is always next time :thumb:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
BigMike said:
I took some video, but i'm so lazy that I didnt go out to my truck saturday night to get and charge my battery, so I don't have much footage :( I only made it about a 1/3 way down the course during Sunday morning practice before it died

Oh well, there is always next time :thumb:
post it up anyway...